Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Nope, just cropped and maybe sharpened a bit! He's only been riding since March and everything was just a bit different on the big boy. And it was about 97 degrees. So his hands were hot in his gloves but without them his fingers got sore. He wasn't used to the way Paddy stretched his neck and he's used to the pony dropping his head a lot so he was fighting with the shire when he shouldn't have been. He's working on his heel. Considering he did gymnastics for over 5 years he's not naturally flexible! He gets lots of it right, just not all at the same time! The instructor was really working on his hands yesterday. They are usually too low.
She rides Paddy bareback all the time. He probably has the best personality of all the horses at the farm. All 5 of them.....

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
So we penned up the chickens and ducks in anticipation of my mom taking care of them for the few days we'll be away. And sure enough one of the ducks, Maude or Louise-I can't tell them apart, found a week spot and forced her way out. We couldn't find the spot and got her back in. As soon as our backs were turned she was out again! So we got her back in and watched. There was a spot of fencing next to the door she was able to push through. So rather than pen her up again and then fix it, DH just fixed it. And now we can't figure out where the duck is! She's laying somewhere I guess. Argh!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I've misplaced the pug. I've been sorting papers in the a/c in the bedroom and had the dogs in with me to keep cool. 13 year old pugs don't do all that well in heat and humidity but Stan has slipped out and is hiding from me.....

found him. Under the bed. :rolleyes:

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
whats his absolutly favorite treat?
oops, edited before I saw this. His favorite treat is oranges and that's a great trick. He can smell them when I'm peeling them and comes running. He can't hear anymore so calling doesn't work. But problem is solved if you go back! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just catching up w/all this. Beautiful pic of the swallowtail butterfly!

Your son looks great up on the horse, and I wish I could go to the beach, too! But, I live a bit to far away to get there easily. :( Sometimes I wish we lived closer.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Just catching up w/all this. Beautiful pic of the swallowtail butterfly!

Your son looks great up on the horse, and I wish I could go to the beach, too! But, I live a bit to far away to get there easily. :( Sometimes I wish we lived closer.
I wish you could too. You have some awesome beaches down there! My uncle's house is on the Mullica River and he can take his little boat right out to the ocean. And my cousins live in one of the Egg Harbor towns, can't ever remember which. Uncle used to be the superintendent of schools on Long Beach Island. Wow. What a place. His former secretary has a house there and he takes us to visit when we get down there. Aside from the jelly fish I love the beach there! Don't think I could live there though!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to live too close, too many people. But, I wouldn't mind even living closer to the Delaware Bay. There's some nice beaches there, but most people don't go to them. I grew up going to Ocean City-down below the boardwalk. And, we'd go fishing off a bridge at Corson's Inlet. Those are some of my best childhood memories. Now, you hit traffic way back B4 you even get NEAR the shore. We live not too far from one of the main roads that people take down to the shore, and at times the sound of the traffic keeps me up at night.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
The traffic getting onto LBI is some of the worst I've ever experienced! And the houses right on top of each other is crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts