Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I really really want a small vintage camp trailer, you know the kind that looks like a canned ham? Actually DH wanted one first and now has me convinced I want one too.
f44d_1.jpg

If we can find one affordable and relatively near that doesn't need tons of work......

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's why I always enjoyed camping during the week when the kids were little. We'd go to Parvin State Park. It was close, which meant DH could come if he wanted to, but normally, he'd just come on weekends. During the week, he'd stay home, and care for the dogs. Since it was so close, we could go and pick out which campsite we actually wanted. It had to be close to the lake, the playground and the bathhouse. Then, we'd put in for a reservation. If the one we wanted wasn't one you could reserve, then we'd just get there early on Friday since normally no one else would be there that early. We'd have people over the weekend, then the campground was virtually empty during the week. Normally, we had the girl down the street w/us too. So, I'd let all 3 kids go ride their bikes down to the nature center, or go and play on the playground. And, I'd take it easy. Then, on the next Friday, either DH would join us for the weekend again, or we'd break camp and go home.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
This place is never empty in the summer, but I did my best picking a site on line. Haven't been there in a few years. Now I have a map with our favorites highlighted for future visits. :cool:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's the best way to do it. Normally, we'd go 1x in the early spring to check out the campground. Then, we could see if there were any changes that we needed to know about. It's no fun to get a campsite you've used in the past and liked because it was shady, only to discover that the tree(s) that provided the shade were no longer there. :/

I just looked on CL to see if they had any trailers like that, but no luck. They did, however, have two pickup campers. Now, if only I had an 8 ft bed, and a spare $750 or so, I could have gotten one.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:frow

No time to chat, cuz I have two bags of cherries to pit lol. I lubs my cherry pitter.

So hi! Bye! :D Glad you had a good vacation!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Do you mean a teardrop trailer? My folks had one years ago and loved it. I've seen a lot of restored ones, they are great for a couple camping but hard to fit a family in there. I'd love to have one.

We had a Westfalia VW van at one point, the camping one.....THAT thing was awesome don't know why we thought selling it was a good idea.

I am glad you had a good trip.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
No, I do love the look of teardrops, but you're right, they're waaay too small for us! If you click on the links in my earlier post you can see a couple of canned hams. They were rounded buy bigger than the teardrops.
There is actually a company around making new teardrops. We saw some on display at a mall a few years ago. Cute! But my tent has more room in it!
I would love an old VW camper van. I don't rule out owning one in the future. DH had a van, not camper, when he was in HS, and a bug as well. He sure knew how to fix them! It will be a great family project if we can find one here in the rusty NorthEast!

Status
Not open for further replies.