Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Nope! No need for something that fancy :D But I tried this by hand last year... NEVER AGAIN!!! lol! Definitely want a pitter if you are doing more than a handful of cherries.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
abifae said:
Nope! No need for something that fancy :D But I tried this by hand last year... NEVER AGAIN!!! lol! Definitely want a pitter if you are doing more than a handful of cherries.
Yeah, considering I spent less than $5 on mine, it's worth it! And doesn't take up a lot of space!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
So, last night DH, who was tired from unloading the camping equipment, locked up the barn without doing a beak/bill count. And he missed the fact that Quackers the Blue Swedish duck was not in the barn. We discovered this fact when she decided she wanted to get into the barn at 4am. So the two of us had to get up and catch her and put her in without anyone else getting out. Fun fun. We went to lock up tonight and she's no where to be found. We got the dogs and had them sniff around the (fenced) yard. No luck. We gave up. Looks like it will be another early morning. :barnie
Poor Quackers has been shunned by the other ducks a lot this summer. Even her beau Spotty chases her off. I am feeling really quite awful about this. And I'm also hoping she's not gone broody because I need even more ducklings like I need a hole in my head.....

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, we made a thorough search of the backyard several times this morning with no luck. We got back from riding to find her walking around the ducks' pool calmly, as if all was perfectly normal. Must be a clutch of eggs somewhere. DSis playing in the backyard keeping an eye on her to see where she goes.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo, what are some of the weirder places your ducks have hidden eggs? I've got to find them soon!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
A duck can squeeze itself down pretty small when it wants to. Look under shrubs, behind logs, in between sheds, crates, etc...

My girls found a new hiding space and I haven't figured out where yet. Grrrrrr

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We've been doing that with no luck so far. There are just too many nooks and crannies out there! I think I will bribe DS to find the nest. Money talks!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Thanks for the duck hiding spot clues. Found my duck nest I have been looking for five days now. :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL. So my girl's brattiness came in handy for someone at least :p

Status
Not open for further replies.