Homemade natural body wash?

mindfulmarket

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Mindful market is a marketplace for conscious consumers where buyers explore homemade products that empower women product or buy locally sourced products. The Mindful Market helps the sellers by giving them a platform to sell their homemade products.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have never made body wash or anything like it. My mom makes soap during the winter and we use it in place of body wash. Not very experienced with it! Hopefully, someone can share some wisdom with you.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can make soaps with water instead of goat milk also. I've started making soap again (Yay!) with goat milk, olive oil, coconut oil and lye. Easy. Made a batch yesterday with coffee grounds for scrubbing off dirt, etc. I have a recipe for a shampoo bar, I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You can make soaps with water instead of goat milk also. I've started making soap again (Yay!) with goat milk, olive oil, coconut oil and lye. Easy. Made a batch yesterday with coffee grounds for scrubbing off dirt, etc. I have a recipe for a shampoo bar, I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list!

I've never heard of using coffee grounds! That is interesting.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Body wash is unnecessary! https://www.sufficientself.com/threads/unconventional-hygiene.15494/

I stopped using body wash 8 months ago. I use bar soap on hands and sometimes feet (I go barefoot in garden). My skin is *not* dry and scaly for the first time in my life!! Even my keratosis pilaris is improved - it's gone from my arms! :celebrate

Why not just buy home made goat soap? Could you melt it with some water and just shake the bottle at shower time?

It would need to be acidified to prevent bacterial growth.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I buy soap from a local woman. She makes almost-castile soap for me. 95% olive oil, 5% castor oil. I use it for dishwashing. She made another loaf of bath soap for me, unscented and swirls of rose clay for color. :love

Oooh! That swirl sounds pretty! Do you use the bar or make it into liquid for dishwashing?.?