How much do you pay for butter?

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
:he I can build a chicken coop. I can till my own garden. I can do lots of SS stuff. But I cannot do a simple link! :th:hit

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Delia, do you have the page with the recipe up?

Up at the address bar, left click on it to highlight the address, and a box should come up with 'cut, copy, etc' click copy.

Then come over here and click paste in your message.

Edited because I cannot type.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
You might be tired from your hike. Take a break. Do something else and try again later. :)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
:clap :weee :clap :ya

NICE WORK!
:lol: I dont know why it only came up as "recipe", but thank you and BB for being patient and walking me through it! Now I am going to take an aspirin and go build something outside...:rolleyes:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
LOL

You are welcome. It came up as "recipe" because that is the word I had you type between the brackets. If you want you can go back in and edit it to say EXTREME BANANA NUT BREAD. :)

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lu King said:
ORChick said:
For those of you new to the idea of freezing butter - make sure you overwrap the butter (for this I use heavy duty plastic freezer bags, even though I am really trying to use less plastic :rolleyes:). Just popping the boxes into the freezer, as I used to do, shortens the shelf life considerably. I believe it was Alton Brown who likened the result to "rancid yak butter" :lol:. With the extra protection it lasts much longer in a usable state.
How long will it last in the freezer?
I've never actually checked with date in/date out, but I am sure I've had butter in the freezer for at least 6 months, and probably longer. Since remembering to overwrap it I've never had a problem with the taste.