How we went from $42,000 to $6,500 and lived to tell about it!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
When you get so caught up in wealth, you can miss alot of living.
thanks for saying this, Okiegirl1

we always laugh at folks who move out to the country, build an impractical mcmansion, then pay someone to mow their 2 acre lawn.

money solves a lot of problems but it doenst guarantee that things will work out.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
with all my heart I believe that yes, money can solve some problems, but it can give you a whole heap of other problems you never even thought of.

We don't have alot of money, but we're fed, have a roof over our heads, and have lots of love and laughs in our home. We have something that many, many, many families don't have.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, I would stand up my simple life against any monetary wealth in this world for sheer happiness and love. Yeah, it's nice to have money in one's pocket for travel or incidentals, but to feel like it solves all woes is a little short-sighted. Just as many miserable rich folks out there as there are miserable poor folk....in the end you find happiness where you look for it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A fool and his money is my kind of guy..... :D

I've heard that money can't buy happiness.....but it can buy something that looks and feels just like it! :gig

Seriously, though.....the richest members of my family are also the most angry, most miserable, most evil, most unhappy people I know. You would think that, after striving to earn all that money, they could sit back bask in the warm glow of their millions..... :rolleyes:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
and dont forget! poverty saves you from sloth! no time to sit around when you have to work work work.

:)