How's your weather?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sunny & C O L D. But, not so bad if you are on the East side of windbreak. It's dry cold. Had to break ice on the larger troughs, close to 1/2 inch. Some that were not so open, thinner & hot water did it. All animals had plenty of shelter out of wind, most had the morning sun shining in. I was the only one really complaining, LOL. While it was 24, wind chill was 17. All in all, not bad. Of course, I will not feel that way when it's several days in a row!!! Will be toting out the heated buckets this weekend. They cost a fortune to run BUT, weather like this for a week or two & they are just worth the cost for me. Open my front door & a blast of winter enters!! I'm using backdoor all day.

I have a hen with 3 chicks about a month old, so feathered mostly. She had them outside...they were inside a dry bucket on it's side, facing east. They were so cute all cuddled in the sunshine. Wind mostly from W, so they were good. She's a great mom & this is 2nd hatch this yr. 7 in first. Love a broody!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, here it is just about 4 hours later and I'm still trying to get the hot water in my kitchen thawed out. :barnie
I think I'm going to get a pot of coffee going seeing how I think it's going to be a VERY LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG night. At least it's only the hot water in the kitchen and not through the entire house. :celebrate