I am curious: Who here doesn't use Wal-mart? Why??

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Walmart is gouging the customer with excess shipping charges for those items being mailed to our armed forces. They are pocketing the overcharge.
Walmart mails packages???

As for charging extra, if you resell USPS services, you DO NOT get a discount. If I want to sell stamps through my shop, I have to pay the same price as anyone else. I can do it as a courtesy, but I wont make money doing it. Same with packages.

Several contract postal offices opened in my area a few years ago. All but 1 are out of business now.

If you really want to make sure you aren't paying extra for postage no matter if it is UPS, USPS or FEDEX, get your own online account, print your own label, use your own box and your own tape, pack it yourself, stick the label on and drop it off at the appropriate authorized shipper.

If you take it somewhere else, don't expect people to work for free. You WILL pay more.

newmochick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If someone buys an item off walmart.com and have it mailed to an apo/ae address, they charge a higher rate than what the USPS would charge (suppose to be US postage). My guess is that they were trying to recover the cost of an employee that has to fill out a custom form. Other online retailers charge the USPS rate.

Yaklady

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You know what's cool?

WOW! Just got distracted, because I glanced up at the TV and saw Snoop Dog on the Martha Stewart show. He's lookin' pretty handsome today! Sorry, A.D.D. moment. Kind of like, "SQUIRREL!!!!"

Ok, so you know what's cool? Checking out the clearance rack at CVS as the Holidays draw near. They start clearing stuff out fairly early in order to make room for the Valentine's stuff that has already started arriving in their stock room. I used to be a manager at one of the locations, and it's amazing the kind of things you can get on sale. Even if you don't like the packaging, you can always open it up and re-package it to make it cuter.

ETA a pointer. CVS often sells seasonal handbags. They almost always have free lotions and sprays inside. Last year, instead of giving my older two girls and two step daughters stockings, I bought four of those tote bags and some clearance candy. Then I baked some cookies, made some candy, etc. So they had a cute tote bag with scented lotions and misc stuff. I ended up only paying about $10.00 per bag, all the stuff included.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Yaklady said:
You know what's cool?

WOW! Just got distracted, because I glanced up at the TV and saw Snoop Dog on the Martha Stewart show. He's lookin' pretty handsome today! Sorry, A.D.D. moment. Kind of like, "SQUIRREL!!!!"
Thank you for mentioning that. I am a total Martha fan and forgot to turn on the TV, nearly missed her!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sorry, A.D.D. moment. Kind of like, "SQUIRREL!!!!"
Whenever my friends or I drift off, one of us yells SQUIRREL because of that stupid movie! :gig (Our other cry is RAINBOW! because my buddy Joelle has literally stopped in the middle of a deep conversation to yell that at least 3 times last summer. We consider the fact that there were actually real rainbows out a good sign :p)

If someone buys an item off walmart.com and have it mailed to an apo/ae address, they charge a higher rate than what the USPS would charge (suppose to be US postage). My guess is that they were trying to recover the cost of an employee that has to fill out a custom form. Other online retailers charge the USPS rate.
Ahhh! I got it now. And yes, it does look like Walmart is charging more. Target was reported to charge the least on shipping to APO's

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
One of our Walmarts is being sued for $5 million for water contamination of the property behind and around it.

In addition, in another lawsuit Walmart had to pay for 12 residental properties to switch from well water to city water, due to property flooding. Those folks will have to pay for water and sewer from now on, never able to be SS as far as water is concerned. This is a rural area of farms and nurseries. Garden food production is out of the question.
These property owners are not part of the $5 million destruction of property and business that was started in 1954.

So Walmart's destruction goes beyond running small businesses into the ground, but of immediate environment and neighborhoods.

Latest posts