I am curious: Who here doesn't use Wal-mart? Why??

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
dacjohns said:
sylvie said:
What hormones? I'm sitting here eatin chocolate. Maybe from Walmart. On topic.
Yeah, what hormones? Does someone have a problem with testosterone? Let me at 'em. ;)
Are you saying you want almonds in your Hershey bar?
I prefer Green & Black Ginger.

Yaklady

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
We shopped at Kohls today. They actually had good quality stuff. On sale it came out to just a little over what Wal Mart charges. Difference is it might last a little longer. Anyone shop at Kohls? This is my first experience with them. I'm sure most of the stuff is China made too.
I shopped at Kohl's a couple of times, but didn't have good luck with it. It seems like the clothing that I got there either fell apart quickly, or lost it's shape, etc. I do have good luck with finding fun/interesting jewelry on sale there. I bought a necklace from a clearance rack at Kohl's a few years ago, and I still wear it. Every time I wear it, someone compliments me. It's always fun when people say, "What a beautiful necklace! Where did you get it?" And I answer, "I got it at Kohl's on a clearance rack. Paid $4.00 for it." LOL!

Nowadays, I get all of my little boy's clothing on ebay. Just love those lots! My husband recently bought a lot of 14 size 7 slim jeans. LOL! They are all exactly the same, but he's got 14 pairs of jeans now. I think he paid $15.00 for them. LOVE Ebay for kids' clothes! Hubby is an Ebay junkie, I swear. We even got our Harley on Ebay. LOL!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Yaklady said:
Big Daddy said:
We shopped at Kohls today. They actually had good quality stuff. On sale it came out to just a little over what Wal Mart charges. Difference is it might last a little longer. Anyone shop at Kohls? This is my first experience with them. I'm sure most of the stuff is China made too.
I shopped at Kohl's a couple of times, but didn't have good luck with it. It seems like the clothing that I got there either fell apart quickly, or lost it's shape, etc. I do have good luck with finding fun/interesting jewelry on sale there. I bought a necklace from a clearance rack at Kohl's a few years ago, and I still wear it. Every time I wear it, someone compliments me. It's always fun when people say, "What a beautiful necklace! Where did you get it?" And I answer, "I got it at Kohl's on a clearance rack. Paid $4.00 for it." LOL!

Nowadays, I get all of my little boy's clothing on ebay. Just love those lots! My husband recently bought a lot of 14 size 7 slim jeans. LOL! They are all exactly the same, but he's got 14 pairs of jeans now. I think he paid $15.00 for them. LOVE Ebay for kids' clothes! Hubby is an Ebay junkie, I swear. We even got our Harley on Ebay. LOL!
I have a friend who does this. I used to wonder how they could afford to eat, they dressed SO nicely. Then she told me about buying lots (as in large groupings) of clothes on E-bay. Oh, for anything but dial-up Internet...

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got a "mystery box" of woman's clothing from Coldwater Creek for $30 on eBay. It was guaranteed to contain at least 10 items. You cant' go wrong. There was one item in there that I already owned; one that I just couldn't wear. But the rest were great. Plus, it's fun. It 's like Christmas getting that surprise box. And with Coldwater Creek, you know the quality is there. All of the items still had tags on them.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
I do. Only the sales. I've gotten decent stuff for DS for very little $. His new snow boots came from them and that was where I found the best price. Even Payless was more, almost double for the same boots.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
My SIL loves Kohl's. She's found stuff there cheaper than even my secondhand prices. I live about 45 min from a Kohl's, so it's just not practical to hop in constantly to check the sales racks, but she lives in a more urban area and can do so.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have not read much of this thread. Been a busy day at work.

We shop at Walmart but it is not the only place we shop at.

Why?

Because I want to....:hu

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
ScottSD said:
I have not read much of this thread. Been a busy day at work.

We shop at Walmart but it is not the only place we shop at.

Why?

Because I want to....:hu
If you read the VERY FIRST post of this thread you could answer intelligently to the OP.

You don't need to read the guts, read #1 post and offer a real and true opinion.
Wow....very touchy

Um....so I'm not allowed to say that I shop at Walmart because I want to?

That's not an intelligent answer? Nor it is a scientific answer. Maybe its because I feel like shopping there?