I think I am taking the plunge... Kefir plunge!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have not read that link yet but wanted to say :ya YAY!

I was nervous at first to, but let me tell you, I have been drinking that stuff everyday in my smoothie and I am the only one in the house (6 of us) who HAS NOT BEEN SICK!

Yesterday and the day before I woke up with a very slight sore throat and that was it. My Dh was sick for two weeks!

This stuff is magic, I swear!

I drink it in a smoothie, BBH suggested mixing it with OJ, I read somewhere to add a little Pom juice and shoot it, you can drain it like yogurt for a cheese...then just zip it up with some herbs.

I love love LOVE it!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The whole smoothie thing is really appealing to me! I have elderberries, blackberries, and raspberries in the freezer. Ohhh, I cant waite now!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So I went today, and picked up my Kefir. Hmmm, interesting looking stuff. Almost like a rubbery cauliflour. :/ She showed me the process..and had some there she was going to be drinking this morning, so she let me have a taste. I was reluctant...but she poured me a small glass..and insisted I try it befor I took home the grains. I took a firm stand...and drank. WOW! Its not bad! Like drinking sour cream. :p I actually liked it! Now I am excited to have my own little science project, growing on my counter top! :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
My first batch is ready . . . so are there recipes on the other thread about kefir? Right now I am thinking I might try the frozen fruit and make a smoothie, but I think a little variety would be good . . . .

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
:ep

So Sally; when did you say my package would be ready again?
I have one ready for you too, sweetie! Don't worry! ;) It can be ready to send out on Friday if you want. It just takes one day to get it dehydrated and ready for shipment.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Blackbird said:

I have one ready for you too, sweetie! Don't worry! ;) It can be ready to send out on Friday if you want. It just takes one day to get it dehydrated and ready for shipment.
What kind of herb seeds did you want? How many bars of soap?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
big brown horse said:
Blackbird said:

What kind of herb seeds did you want? How many bars of soap?
Just sent you a pm. ;)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ok, so I have a question....my Kefir makes a pint a day..so, just how much should one drink!?? How much is too much, or too little??

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Good question.....I consume 8-10 oz in my smoothie.

I'm interested to see what others say :)