I think I am taking the plunge... Kefir plunge!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In our local newspaper on Wednesday they had an article on kefir, it sounds like a wonderful product, so Iam thinking after all I have read here that I too need to get into it.
So is my best bet, to go to the health food store and get some to get started?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
deb4o said:
In our local newspaper on Wednesday they had an article on kefir, it sounds like a wonderful product, so Iam thinking after all I have read here that I too need to get into it.
So is my best bet, to go to the health food store and get some to get started?
Kefir is GREAT!!! I am convinced that it is a near *miracle* drug! :gig

Everyone one in my family has had round after round of illness. I don't know what it is about this year but all 4 of my kids and my Hubby have been sick more than once, some 3 times!!

I have been drinking a fruit/veg/kefir smoothie every single day and I am the only one who has not gotten sick. I have accidentally shared drinks with the sickos, had bites of their food, tended to them, cleaned up loads of dirty kleenex.....and for some inexplicable reason.....I am healthy! I give credit to the kefir. Love it.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
o.k. gang,

Iam jumping on the kefir band wagon, can't wait to get started.

Thanks Free, I e-mailed you.

Dace,you should be the spokesperson for the kefir movement, lol
you could convince anyone.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Seriously! I do love the stuff. Such a powerful food and soooo simple. It is a shame more people are not aware.

When you get yours Deb, just put it into an 8oz canning jar and fill with milk.

At first you will have to scoop the grain out of the bottom, but once it re-hydrates it will stay on top. I just scoop it out with a spoon, plop it into a new jar, filler'up....and place yesterday's jar in the frig and today's jar on the counter. Easy peasy lemon squeezey. :thumbsup