I think I am taking the plunge... Kefir plunge!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Makes sense . . . the best way to ensure you are growing what you want to grow is to kill off anything else that may be present. The people who wrote the directions probably just want to make sure you are growing the right stuff! :) That doesn't mean you have to follow the directions . . . they just want to cover their butts.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No but she was defintely driving the van, If you know what I mean. ;) wink wink. I don't think my husband would let me buy a Fred. Darn him!!

g

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Gina, I have grains to spare.....I mean I could give a a hunk in a jar and you could just run with it rather than have to buy it and do the whole rehydrate thing, which will waste about a weeks worth of milk.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning from 9:30-10:30 but if you wanna meet somewhere half way.....maybe for a quick lunch? I could bring a jar.

Lemme know :) I just have to be back in my neck of the woods by about 1:45.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ahhh Dace that would be so nice. But my dryer died today and lucky me needs to stay home and wait for the Sears Repair man.

I do think one of these days when your up my way you will need to stop by.

g

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Scooby is a cartoon dog, isn't he? :lol:

Scoby stands for Symbiotic Colony Of Bacteria and Yeast.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well....we could meet up next week too if that works. Just let me know because my kefir grains came from BBH and I would be more than happy to share :)