IDLE CHIT CHAT

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea everyone has a right to report us for anything nowadays. what is up with that? is there no privacy boundaries anymore????

and remember how "suing" for everything kicked into full gear. So much for true FREEDOM.....anyone can try to take it away in a minute! on a whim!

I say you take care of your life and I will take care of mine..LOL

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Well, on BYC they have a meat bird thread and I don't recall the pet folks going their and being rude....maybe the same would happen here? If you know what the topic is, and that you are possibly outnumbered (lol) then you might just avoid it? I don't know, I think a hunting/trapping thread would be good. Also include tips on skinning, tanning, or using other parts for other things?

Goodness, I'm full of weird ideas today, aren't I? LOL

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
punkin said:
Ticks,
do you get up really, really early, set in the cold all morning, sip a cup of hot whatever and wait? My dad is 83. He has a friend with a huge farm. They have sewer tanks that they use to "camo" themselves in. They stay there all morning long, maybe get a duck or 2, go to the cabin and cook a huge breakfast. Good times for him.

Good luck on your hunt ;)
Oh yea we will be dangerously wading through shin high water, mud, and sticks in the dark. fun fun fun!!!

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know my DH just mentioned hunting squirrel at my son's football practice and people got all kinds of upset. Of course he has been known to be less than tactful from time to time.

Personally, I think hunting is about the ultimate in self sufficiency as long as people are doing it to eat and they're not wiping out huge wildlife populations in the process. Sadly there are so many of us to feed that not everyone can hunt for their food.

Also I think just about everyone on this forum is pretty cool about staying not jumping all over someone just because they have other opinions or other experiences, which is of course why I like it so much.

Happy hunting ticks :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I know my DH just mentioned hunting squirrel at my son's football practice and people got all kinds of upset. Of course he has been known to be less than tactful from time to time.
I can't help but be amazed at how the world has changed in just the last 20 years! I would have never thought that a discussion on hunting squirrel would be thought tactless during a BOY'S athletic event! It is part of our heritage and has fed generations of Americans and now its a BAD thing?? Who kills THEIR meat? And, somehow, this is good? Animals penned and cramped, medicated and fattened, and then killed on a production basis..... and they think hunting is cruel and tactless?

Sorry, folks, but that gets my broccoli steamed! :he

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
alot of society that are totally dependent on others for food and other survival issues have no clue about hunting, or killing in general to eat. So hunting for them is Bambi, Wilbur, Arnold, Mother Goose and what not.....and thought of killing something to eat it is just not what they ever intend to do....but again, why shouldn't I? I got my rights, hmm...for how long? LOL

But I don't like when they make it seem like it is a truly BAD thing...like how dare you kill a critter....why if people didn't hunt the animal starvation in the world be horrendous. Deer in PA in high snow starve etc. We need to cull and hunting is it. Hardly any natural predators left, well, maybe cars on the highway.HA HA

Alot are uninformed. Hunting isn't killing to kill....hunting is a sport now and for food still and it is not just an old timey fall by the wayside way of living. Hunting will always be around....whoever moans and groans I say tough, but will let them speak their mind, and then I tell them mine, LOL, and I will talk about it wherever I wish.....well, not the gutting and such in church or anything..HA HA

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I can't help but be amazed at how the world has changed in just the last 20 years! I would have never thought that a discussion on hunting squirrel would be thought tactless during a BOY'S athletic event! It is part of our heritage and has fed generations of Americans and now its a BAD thing?? Who kills THEIR meat? And, somehow, this is good? Animals penned and cramped, medicated and fattened, and then killed on a production basis..... and they think hunting is cruel and tactless?

Beekissed before your broccoli gets TOO steamed perhaps I'd better put it into context. My DH was goading some of the rich folk on the day the stock market took that huge plunge. He said something to the effect that they would be groveling at McDonalds and he would be hunting the squirrel out of their yard. The man does know how to push peoples buttons.

He is fond of saying that he was born in the basement and has managed to climb the stairs a few floors, but he's not afraid to go back down to the basement. These folks he was talking to were born on the 100th floor and have been scrambling like heck to stay there.

Strangely I love him for it :idunno

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
poppycat said:
Beekissed said:

Beekissed before your broccoli gets TOO steamed perhaps I'd better put it into context. My DH was goading some of the rich folk on the day the stock market took that huge plunge. He said something to the effect that they would be groveling at McDonalds and he would be hunting the squirrel out of their yard. The man does know how to push peoples buttons.

He is fond of saying that he was born in the basement and has managed to climb the stairs a few floors, but he's not afraid to go back down to the basement. These folks he was talking to were born on the 100th floor and have been scrambling like heck to stay there.

Strangely I love him for it :idunno
Poppy cat you got a good man..he ain't gonna run when the going gets tough, he's gonna stay with you and survive it:>)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like goading the rich folks too....its a favorite passtime here! ;) Sounds like he knows where their goat is tied.....and wouldn' t mind butchering it out and eating it! :lol:

Latest posts