In your opinion.........

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My job will no longer exist and I will be dependant on social security and a small pension. If I"m lucky I might welcome you to Wal-Mart.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
lighthawk said:
My job will no longer exist and I will be dependant on social security and a small pension. If I"m lucky I might welcome you to Wal-Mart.
I see Im sorry.........

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BarredBuff...thanks for starting this thread, you and Mark have really brought it home.I agree Lighthawk, what OK doesn't seem to get, as Mark pointed out is, our nation has never had so many bad things happening at once, as is now going on now...these people just don't get it.Sorry, but i see your view as denial OK...thats my opinion.False hope( not base on reality) is denial....

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am not a stupid person, and don't like being told what I do and do not "get". I see what you see. I interpret it differently. It is all a matter of opinion, not fact. No one knows the future. Perhaps you don't get my point of view.

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
lighthawk said:
I see Im sorry.........
Don't feel sorry for me I am well prepared. Feel sorry for those who have gone their merry way ignoring the writing on the wall. I grew up in an age when gold and silver backed our currency. Inflation was not an issue. That is no longer true. The first time I bought gasoline I paid 15 cents a gallon. ( I was 16 years old) Today a silver quarter will buy almost 2 gallons. Hence no inflation if you are using real money. I don't want to get long winded here but history shows that the currency we use today is unsustainable. Backed by promises. I have no doubt that we will all "survive" but survival and prosperity and maintaining your standard of living are not in the same ball park. I want to get through to 2016 without having to sacrifice my personal standard of living that is why my goal is 2016. I feel that by then this country will have come to it's senses. JMO.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I feel that by then this country will have come to it's senses.
I don't! ;) "Sense", let alone common sense, is something this country hasn't had for a long time and will continue to lose as time goes on. Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well we clearly do have a different point of view OK.However, the facts are clear, they are not my opinion , they are our present day truths and reality.I would suggest you go back and read what Mark(Koxxx) took the time to post for us earlier in this thread.These are the facts of our fiscal and present world realities, not my opinions.While i respect your views of hope for the near future, and i know its hard for many of us to accept our unpleasant present reality..
Oh,by the way, i've been meaning to ask you if you tried growing the " Vates" Blue curl kale you asked me about a few months ago in another post..?I have an amazing fall crop going...!

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
. . . it's only that in this moment in history, there are A LOT of somethings brewing.
Yup! Fasten your seatbelts.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
No, I have not found that variey.

I agree with the facts of the present; I just question what they may mean for the future. That's all.

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lighthawk said:
Toulle said:
Your other option, if you cannot adapt, is to become a relic population. You can find some remote part of the world to live in or otherwise insulate yourself and your progeny as best you can from the outside world. Good luck on that. Soon or later the Great Wide World will come a-knocking.
The Ahmish have survived that way for years and they routinely encourage their younger generation to answer the knock of the great wide world. The vast majority return to the fold. They have sustained thier way of life for a good long time as a "relic" population. They prosper on a smaller scale but their needs are met quite well. They are the only people I will buy cheese from. They also do quite well with their furniture sales and are well known for their craftsmanship. They can't tell you what Lady GaGa wore to the grammys or who is the biggest loser but I think they have adapted quite well to modern society without drinking the kool aid.
Exactly. I don't remember ever hearing about the Amish selling furniture or woodstoves until just a few years back.

We didn't have Amish where I grew up, but we did have Menonites. The very fact that the Amish are now selling furniture and the Menonites are selling baked goods or whatnot when before they had nothing to do with the outside world only proves my point. They are changing over time in response to changes in their environment. This is the textbook definition of evolution. They are evolving.

I'm not saying changes aren't happening in the world. They are. I am also not saying everyone has to embrace them. What I am saying is that we have little or no power to stop these changes other than in our own lives, and that by digging in and shutting them out will only guarantee one's own ultimate extinction. I am saying one must adapt and evolve.

It's all Darwin, you know.

Latest posts