Is a frugal lifestyle miserable?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Also the shiners would never leave it in there or run it for long and clean it out afterwards because it is NOT meant to run in a gasoline or diesel engine. Just flammable/explosive enough to ignite and turn the pistons.

and easier to start when in warmer weather!

if you want to have fun thinking about other fuel alternatives you can look into wood distillates...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All this talk about gasolines is a reminder to get oil/filter changed in my generator!! I need a new battery for it too. If I need it this winter, I would prefer to do push button. 😁😁

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I broke my self imposed "no grocery buys"....had to get dry cat food and my path to that section took me past the ice cream freezers. Theorized it's been over 5 weeks, so I was due a treat. :lol: :old 🤫 got a box with 4 drumstick ice cream cones, caramel centered too. :drool. Hey, ice cream wasn't stocked in my freezer -- hmmm. Sad mistake there. 🤔😲. Plenty of choco chips tho.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
So I broke my self imposed "no grocery buys"....had to get dry cat food and my path to that section took me past the ice cream freezers. Theorized it's been over 5 weeks, so I was due a treat. :lol: :old 🤫 got a box with 4 drumstick ice cream cones, caramel centered too. :drool. Hey, ice cream wasn't stocked in my freezer -- hmmm. Sad mistake there. 🤔😲. Plenty of choco chips tho.
I heard you say "I eliminated unnecessary food purchases so I could buy something I'd really enjoy without stressing my budget." 🤷‍♀️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
These ice cream cones are really good!!!! 😂

The grocery shopping hiatus is partly to keep budget spending in line -- lot of extra "feed store" buys in winter. BUT it makes you use the stockpiles we have from canning, butchering, etc.

Admit it -- so easy to just walk in and buy what we already have at home!! 🙄. Or can make if we just "do it"....think retraining yourself. If SHTF you'll be proud to already be maintaining. 👍. Everyone should try it. Make it a game.