Is anyone else so relieved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think it started as "too many ads" on tv about politics and was happy they were over right now....but of course it always gets into voting :p

Blackbird, you are younger right? You are definitely a person that should be voting for their future

(my toes curl every time I hear someone say they don't vote just because they don't like the sides, lol, cause your vote does matter)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
In my family, we RARELY vote, though yes many close family members have history in the military including my sister. So don't give me that.

If I don't BELIEVE in any of it (that the gov. should be able to make almost ALL of the divisions they do) , why vote for the lesser of the evils? I am not political and not 'for' either of the sides. It makes me sick.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
In my family, we RARELY vote, though yes many close family members have history in the military including my sister. So don't give me that.

If I don't BELIEVE in any of it (that the gov. should be able to make almost ALL of the divisions they do) , why vote for the lesser of the evils? I am not political and not 'for' either of the sides. It makes me sick.
If you don't believe in, or like what the government is doing, then by all rights you SHOULD be voting. It is the most important tool we have to change things we don't like.
I respect your choice to not vote, but at the same time, I lose respect for those that refuse to exercise that right.
It is an honor and a privilege that you should cherish, not throw away.

Why do you think people from other countries, risk everything trying to get here to live? It's because of the freedoms we have in this country my friend, and the right to make our voices heard without fear of reprisals from our own government. Without those rights, we become another Venezuela..........

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
when "things" make one sick, you should be voting for changes
and along with other situations in life, when we "see" sick things, we should take action--whatever we can do. It may be small, but small changes are what makes a better life for everyone in this world.

as simple as seeing hurt animals....that makes one sick to see, but if you take action to help that animal, you change its life and yours....same with a small vote. It seems useless sometimes, but your voting could change so much for others also.

I do know what you mean tho...the whole political atmosphere is just horrendous.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Instead of possibly getting this thread locked, I'll simply leave at the fact that if I WAS of the mind frame you speak of, I would certainly vote. However I am far beyond that in those regards, so there is no use in continuing to talk about it.
I shouldn't have brought it up anyway, I knew someone would have a problem with it.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Instead of possibly getting this thread locked, I'll simply leave at the fact that if I WAS of the mind frame you speak of, I would certainly vote. However I am far beyond that in those regards, so there is no use in continuing to talk about it.
I shouldn't have brought it up anyway, I knew someone would have a problem with it.
You have much to learn, young grasshopper.....
balloons.gif

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always think---what if no one voted
no one at all

where would we be?
:p

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
farmerlor said:
I am! ::::raising my hand:::::: I HATE these negative, lying political ads. If the only way you can win your campaign is to lie about the competition you don't deserve the job. Just get up there and tell me why I should HIRE you and PAY you to do a job for me....ME, not the big businesses, not the pharmaceutical companies, not China, not lobbyists who give you cool vacations.
Sorry: My shoelaces got stuck in one of the boards on the soapbox and I couldn't get off.
One reason you'll probably never find me voting!
The other reasons would be because I'm on the extreme when it comes to politics. I feel there is too much corruption on any possible sides, so I'd rather not take part. I don't dare specify for fear of getting booed awat, so I'll leave it at that.

Bah humbug!
I thought it was because your polling place is at an elementary school.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I think it started as "too many ads" on tv about politics and was happy they were over right now....but of course it always gets into voting :p
Yep, didn't intend to get into any political discussions. Just thought we could all commiserate on how awful the political ads were this year on every side.

Actually, I'm shocked that I haven't seen more Christmas ads yet. You'd think with all the airtime freed up now, we'd be inundated! Usually, they don't even wait until after Halloween to get started. :rolleyes:

ETA: Yes, I'm trying to change the topic! :lol: Atho I guess I started this topic...oh jeez...I should just shut up! :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well I have seen TONS of Kmart lay-a-way commercials happening --they are plugging that plan like crazy

All my stores have Christmas stuff set up like the dollar stores are finished and Walmart etc are well on their way also

I still have to get by the turkey first before I truly can think Christmas...but I am 98% done shopping already so my holiday will be great lol

Status
Not open for further replies.