Is anyone else so relieved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
What really hacks me off is the fact that the stores have CHRISTMAS decorations and sales going on, AND IT AIN'T EVEN TURKEY DAY YET!! :he

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what I hate worst is the "day before Christmas" sales
you soooo want to wait for that lowest price---but do you dare?
cause that stupid toy I must have would be sold out....so I buy now lol
drives me nuts!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i know! whats with the xmas stuff already!!! we havent even gotten to T-Day!

grrrr

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You know the big shopping day, called Black Friday? Well, evidently they are going to move it up...way up. Trying to get us all to spend money.

A mall partially burned down a couple of weeks ago due to a nut case, and they are working 24/7 to get Macys, Nordstrom, Penneys, etc back in business for the holiday. Not to mention the smaller chains....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Don't worry, BB...I don't vote either. ;) Many men fought and died so that I can have the freedom to exercise my right to vote....or NOT to vote. Freedom is what they fight for, not voting rights per se.

If you want to use your freedom to vote in this country...hooray! If you don't and want to use your freedom for something like...say...religious expression...then I guess that is your right as well. I'll take my freedoms as they come to me.

And....for what it's worth...I NEVER complain about politicians or any political agendas. That should make you all very comfortable with the fact that I don't vote and do not complain...that seems to be the criteria here. :rolleyes:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one, Bee!

There are many rights or privileges in the country that one could take part in, that so many do not. We all need to choose what is right for ourselves and our lives.. Morally, spiritually, etc. and for some that means not voting.

Some of you seem to believe the 'RIGHT' to vote is not a right at all.. That it is required...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Some of you seem to believe the 'RIGHT' to vote is not a right at all.. That it is required...
it is a right of all citizens to vote and won over the decades by blood, sweat and tears and it is a DUTY actually....a duty to your countries future

but if ya'll don't vote, then you are just run by others who make their votes count

actions speak louder than just words, a vote is an intent of placing your power in your country

well--one way I see it but if ya don't vote, then don't vote, makes my votes stronger lol

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
So while we don't have political ads glogging our airwaves here in CT, we still have press conferences and a gubernatorial candidate that won't concede to the "probably winner" because of a close count and a ballot fiasco in at least one major city. Sigh......

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I haven't seen a single Christmas ad on TV yet. Of course, that may have something to do w/the fact that about the only thing I've watched on TV lately has been the Weather Channel, and I only watch that long enough to get a forecast. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.