Is anyone else so relieved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Blackbird said:
Some of you seem to believe the 'RIGHT' to vote is not a right at all.. That it is required...
it is a right of all citizens to vote and won over the decades by blood, sweat and tears and it is a DUTY actually....a duty to your countries future

but if ya'll don't vote, then you are just run by others who make their votes count
actions speak louder than just words, a vote is an intent of placing your power in your country

well--one way I see it but if ya don't vote, then don't vote, makes my votes stronger lol
Well, if you don't mind me saying...you all are doing simply a lovely job of voting for us! Thanks! :)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm glad you see it that way FC! More power to ya girl! As long as you get your vote in it's all good with me! :lol:

And I am SO glad that I don't have a television. Drives me bonkers to begin with but if I had to see political ads on top of it?? UGH. I had enough pushed through the crack of my door, stuffed in my mail, I seen a lot out on cars... Not to mention littering all over the ground. All pretty much the same ones too. What a lot of hype.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Same here...no TV equals peace of mind.

Anyone can say you have a DUTY to do this or that...duty is an individual choice unless there is a law regarding your duty. Last I checked there were no laws stating that I MUST vote...maybe because I don't vote, one day there will be a law stating I must...then I guess I will vote. :rolleyes:

I feel it is our duty to give to the poor as often as possible. Our duty to not be a perpetual consumer when you can repurpose or recycle items. Our duty to be kind and considerate to others and to respect their values and beliefs as long as it does your life no harm......but these are not everyone's duties just because I feel they should be.

Duty is all a matter of perspective and personal choice.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL, I wish there was a law that you have to be informed by something other than MTV before you vote. :rolleyes:

Being an informed voter is hard work! You can't believe anything you see/hear and I put a lot of effort into doing my own research and trying to keep up with what's been going on--only to find out often I'm stuck voting for the lesser of two evils (although I won't say there haven't been candidates in this election or the past that I felt were good for the job.)

Straight-ticket voting also annoys the tar out of me. I think that's just plain LAZY. If we keep treating politics like a ballgame (voting only for our own team) we'll continually be disappointed, embarrassed (or insert stronger adjective here) in our gov't. :/

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
journey11 said:
LOL, I wish there was a law that you have to be informed by something other than MTV before you vote. :rolleyes:

Being an informed voter is hard work! You can't believe anything you see/hear and I put a lot of effort into doing my own research and trying to keep up with what's been going on--only to find out often I'm stuck voting for the lesser of two evils (although I won't say there haven't been candidates in this election or the past that I felt were good for the job.)

Straight-ticket voting also annoys the tar out of me. I think that's just plain LAZY. If we keep treating politics like a ballgame (voting only for our own team) we'll continually be disappointed, embarrassed (or insert stronger adjective here) in our gov't. :/
No Journey........you have it a wee bit wrong. NOT voting is being lazy.....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
but if you don't like how others are voting your future, lol, join in --
glad you like what we are doing with it
:p

I guess some of us are just
off duty
free from assignment or responsibility
:rolleyes:
but yes everyone must pick and chose their way thru life

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
journey11 said:

No Journey........you have it a wee bit wrong. NOT voting is being lazy.....
Perhaps so. But I still think it's lazy not to think for yourself.

I think it's a shame so many voters take their information from the media frenzy. I want to know who each individual is and what they stand for, especially regarding any previous voting record they have.

I have to buy my chickens by the lot and that's why I have to cull heavily for my flock to reach its best potential. I treat my politics the same.

You can vote and still be lazy about it. JMHO

Every vote does make a difference. That's why I vote.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Blackbird said:
Some of you seem to believe the 'RIGHT' to vote is not a right at all.. That it is required...
it is a right of all citizens to vote and won over the decades by blood, sweat and tears and it is a DUTY actually....a duty to your countries future

but if ya'll don't vote, then you are just run by others who make their votes count

actions speak louder than just words, a vote is an intent of placing your power in your country

well--one way I see it but if ya don't vote, then don't vote, makes my votes stronger lol
Very well said FC!

If your not part of the solution, then your a part of the problem.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't know about any body else, but rather than spend all that money, I'd just as soon see the politicians put together something that if they're in office, shows how they voted, how often they attended meetings they were supposed to be at, what their stands are, etc. And for those that are hoping to get in, something to show what their stands are on the issues. Forget all the negative ads, mud slinging, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.