Is anyone else so relieved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yes. Just once I'd like a politician to do his job for what I make a year...then I would know he was in politics to affect a change and not for the wages, perks, prestige of being in office.

And no, FarmerChick, some of us are not off duty because we do not vote. I'd be willing to wager that I am more on duty for the people in my community~ 24/7~ than those that turn up at the polls a couple of times in 4 years.

Some of us just choose other duties to perform and we make a lifestyle/living of it....sure its not as dramatic as haranguing others about voting duties each time there is an election, but it gets the jobs done that no one else wants to do.

SKR8PN wrote: No Journey........you have it a wee bit wrong. NOT voting is being lazy.....
Lazy? Dare to dream! :lol: I don't know of anyone who knows me personally that could say that with a straight face.

Why is it you folks always do that? Call names when someone chooses to be different. What does that do for you? Does it make you feel better when you insult people? Make you feel like a big man? Really? Is voting so important to you that you must insult those who do not do it? :rolleyes: What is the thinking....I'll call 'em lazy so they'll feel bad enough to start voting? Good idea..... :p

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would be upset about people not voting....it just makes your own vote more powerful, if fewer people overall vote. Where am I wrong thinking?

I vote and I'm happy about it, but not everyone is interested in politics. If you don't know who you want and you are not interested, what qualifies you to know who is best? I spend time studying my ballot each election and it isn't always fun. I take my vote seriously and think everyone who votes should.

Let those who are not interested alone.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I have to wonder.. If we voted specifically against something you believed in.. Something that you may think is ultimately detrimental to the country.. Would you still want us to vote? And if you would..I assume it is purely because you sure seem to enjoy taking part in 'rights' and expecting others too.. Then you should respect my right NOT to vote. And if not respect it, at least do so without attacking.

"If you don't believe in, or like what the government is doing, then by all rights you SHOULD be voting."
If I personally do not like a majority of what I am 'supposed' to vote for, and want nothing of that in any way.. Why vote FOR IT? Again as I said before.. I could choose the lesser of the damages, but in the end it's still damage. Just my personal opinion. And that's not even a major deciding point in why I do not vote.

Some interesting articles.. Not specifically my opinions, but interesting and possibly eyeopening nonetheless.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo59.html
http://www.strike-the-root.com/vote.html

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Those are couple of "interesting" links.....

Let me ask you non voters something?

What would this great country..... that you live in and partake of the freedoms supplied by the government, be, if the founding fathers had said screw it, and decided NOT TO VOTE to break away from England and her tyranny?

Where would we be today?

Do you really think you would be living in a world where you even get the chance to do things for your neighbors? To chase ANY dreams that you might have? Have even 1/10th the freedoms that you enjoy now?

Blackbird....do you think you and your "above all that" beliefs would be going to school in, lets say, Zimbabwe, or how about North Korea? Better yet, how about Myanmar?

Beekissed...What do you think the lifespan of your current lifestyle would be in China or Libya? How about Saudi Arabia?

Now.....if you all want to buy into that " be smart-don't vote" non-sense, by all means, knock yourselves out. That is your freedom of choice.... I will and I have, defended the right for you to not vote....but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it or support it.

Just remember that NOT voting is NOT what created this country. ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
And no, FarmerChick, some of us are not off duty because we do not vote. I'd be willing to wager that I am more on duty for the people in my community~ 24/7~ than those that turn up at the polls a couple of times in 4 years.

Some of us just choose other duties to perform and we make a lifestyle/living of it....sure its not as dramatic as haranguing others about voting duties each time there is an election, but it gets the jobs done that no one else wants to do.
yet millions of people do all that "you" do and "more" in this life and vote

lol

saying you do some actions in life are wonderful....many do, but voting is what allows you to do what you do...and others handle that for you.
also your vote could sway policies into effect that could help those people more that you are helping now. just a little extra kick of hope and help maybe voting for a better future for everyone and being part of it.

no we are not haranguing others---but to me it seems that voting for new and better policies should be a major priority--and geez, it takes up so little time to vote. It is super easy to check up on the few candidates listed and see their major issues and vote on those.

again, if ya don't want to vote, don't :p but to me it is a major duty when we live in a country with these freedoms...and without voting, you are allowing alot of freedoms to be taken from you. Everyday more and more freedoms are stomped on, and without a vote/voice showing you want those freedoms to remain--then you willingly hand over your future to just anyone....but that is just the way I see it and if ya see it different, then so be it ;)

I stated my views :D now I am done :lol:

oh and SKR--good post

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gee I must have slept thru more history classes than I thought. Just when was this great vote taken to leave the British Empire? The way I heard it a bunch of Rich mal-contents got together and decided to Rebel against the government then in power, with the governors appointed by the Crown. Some of these so called Founding Fathers might have been appointed by men that had truly been elected (Remember Women had no vote, basically land holders and merchants had the right to vote the hired help did not). Remember the war was already underway when the declaration of Independence was written by Traitors. It is estimated now that the inhabitants were about 40-45% traitors, 35-45% Neutral and 15-20% Loyal. So an Election might have been interesting.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We regret that we have to close these threads.

We'd love to see political and religious topics discussed in a very friendly and respectful manner and then be pleasantly surprised to find a topic going for months without any problems or reports.

Unfortunately there haven't been many (if any) of these types of topics that have gone without being reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.