JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well...looks like Old man Winter isnt finished yet. Brrrr, its cold out there!! I woke this morning to the soft humming of the furnace!! :barnie Sounds like money burning to me! I jumped out of bed, started coffee, went potty, got my coffee and ran to the wood stove. Cold as ice! Hubby didn't stoke it last night. :he Finally got a good fire going in there now....whew. Taske THAT you old money burning furnace!!! :tongue
So, this morning I have my follow up with the Dr. YUK. I just hate going to the Dr. Guess I need to get myself presentable...and get going here soon. Not really a whole bunch going on here....just waiting for spring...and trying to get healthy again. I think I will start a pot of chili for supper....sounds good...with cornbread...yummy!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I have to go back in 3 weeks, for another CT scan. He is pretty sure what he saw was the pneumonia...just wants to double check.
I am off the oxygen, and most meds....woohoo!!
He was concerned that my O2 levels dropped when we walked....I convinced him I was fine, and his machines were off...so we retested....this time I took slow deep breaths while walking.....all the tests came back fine. :) I have to admit I dont breath deep...and I need to practice that more. Its a lazy habit.
So, I am back to "normal" whatever that is....LOL

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So....yes, I think I have gone off the deep end....
I have 30 chicken eggs in the bator...due the 18th of this month, and I just set 33 duck eggs...today. :D Oh yeah...in a few weeks, I will be asking myself...self? What was you thinking!??? :p I found an add on our locas freecycle...
We have a wonderful chicken brooder that my husband built...holds 50-100 chicks or more, probably. We aren't raising chickens anymore since we're getting ready to put our house up for sale.

Also, have a portable meet bird coop: metal roof on one half, screened roof on other half (screened area probably needs a little repair, but mostly in good shape. Very similar to Joel Salatin's kind of meat bird coop.

I replied....and looks like I might be getting them....this weekend!! :fl She said I will need a trailer to move them...I hope I can get them....it will help with all the little ones I will have..in a few weeks! :/