JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Yup that pin is in a MOST annoying spot :sick - still the job looks nice and neat and the bones look straight and pretty. Looks like everything is healing right along. :thumbsup

Now you just sit in the sun on your backside and allow the good healing to continue. You will be up dancing in the pasture before you know it!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Yup that pin is in a MOST annoying spot :sick - still the job looks nice and neat and the bones look straight and pretty. Looks like everything is healing right along. :thumbsup

Now you just sit in the sun on your backside and allow the good healing to continue. You will be up dancing in the pasture before you know it!
Dancing in the pasture! I can't wait to dance with my new little doeling. She is so beautiful. I walked my but out there today and got in a few minutes of cuddle time before mean old Nelly started calling to her baby, and wanting her back. :tongue It doesn't hurt to share! Jeesh!!!!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Because of this stupid foot of mine, I have not been able to go to the barn to do a visual check on the animals....instead I have been relying on daily reports from my son...who is not used to the animals.
I ask him every day how the little one is doing, Bailey...and he reports that he see's her nursing, she is laying in the barn, up against the cool cinder block. The last few days it has been quite warm, so I didn't think anything of it. Until this morning, he came in and said..."mom, I think something is wrong with the baby, she wont stand up, and when I get her on her feet, she falls over." so, I hobble out there, and find her laying on her side....cold...shallow breathing. She cries out to Nelly, and Nelly calls to her, but Bailey can not get to her feet. I milk out Nelly, and tried a bottle for the little one...and decided to bring her inside to feed her and warm her. On my way back to the house she had convulsions...and by the time I got her inside..she had taken her last breath. :hit RIP little one, altho she was only with us for a week, it hurts to know that if I would have made myself get out there a few days ago, I might have noticed something was wrong sooner, and might have been able to save her. My son buried her next to my grandparents little dogs, and put a block on top to keep anything from digging her up. Dang, my ONLY little lamb this year, and I lost her. :( Now my foot is throbbing from walking out there and back, and being on my knees trying to milk out Nelly. Poor Nelly, she is walking the fence, calling to her baby. I hope she is ok in a few days. This BITES!!!!!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awww...I'm so sorry. :(

Don't beat yourself up, though. It could've happened even IF you went out there a few days ago.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Aww. {{hugs}} That really stinks, but it isn't your fault- or your son's. It just is. :(

Latest posts