JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Awwww, Congrats on a beautiful and tiny grand daughter! Oh you are gonna love her like nothing else! Sunshine is exactly the word for them isn't it? Saying a prayer for good health and many blessings for her. I hope you get to hold her today!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I used to sing "you are my sunshine" to my daughter. Isn't it a wonderfull song to sing to a child?

Your little grand daughter is so precious!!! It is so amazing how tiny they can be and still grow up to be healthy and strong.

many blessings to you and the family.

Isn't it amazing how seeing a newborn babe and sunshine can make you smile all over?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I used to sing "you are my sunshine" to my daughter. Isn't it a wonderfull song to sing to a child?

Your little grand daughter is so precious!!! It is so amazing how tiny they can be and still grow up to be healthy and strong.

many blessings to you and the family.

Isn't it amazing how seeing a newborn babe and sunshine can make you smile all over?
My daughter used to cry when I sang that song. Later, when she was older, she explained that the part where it says--please don't take my sunshine away,--she thought she was gonna die. That her--the sunshine was gonna go away.

Just a kids view on the song. She also didn't like rockabye baby--when the cradle fell.

anyways.....

Congrats on the precious bundle!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Finally got to see the baby!!! :D So little and darling! J, very glad she is doing so well....you get to hold her soon! Give her a kiss for me.....I so miss babies! :(

Big kisses to this baby from all her aunties on SS...... :love

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
14 Jan 10

Well, I spent the whole day at the hospital with Kaylen. What a little trooper she is!! Her momma got to hold her today. The nurse said one person can hold her a day. My son was a little dissapointed tho. I was too. But, I understand. When the nurse placed Kaylen in her mothers arms for the first time, I bawled. It was so precious to see. She is doing so well. They are going to up her feedings, to every 3 hours. Its a little faster than with other babies her size, but she is tollerateing it all so well...they want to challenge her a little more. Everyone is just so excited on how well she is doing. She lost a few ounces..as expected, so she is 2 lbs 5 oz. So tiny, so fragile.
99_14jan10.jpg

I have to admit tho....while I was at the hospital today, I worried about my animals. I knew hubby would not care for them..and when I got home and asked if he fed the sheep, or poultry, he said.... " No, you didnt ask me too" UGH!! I left at 7:30 am...he KNEW I wouldn't have time to feed. Oh well, they are none the worse for the wear. The sheep had plenty hay down...they just didnt get thier grains. Im sure they will let me know about it in the morning! LOL
Time for my hot shower..and jammies. What a beautifull....but long day! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's! WOOHOO!! Im cleaning out stalls and coops!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh my! What a precious little bundle! So happy to hear all is going well. Before you know it she'll be home and be her grandma's sweetie pie!