Kala's Journal~Newest Project :)

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Oh...tell him yes. Then give him explicit instructions on where to meet and make it a courthouse or police station or, better yet, Tractor Supply and never show up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm half tempted!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Oh...tell him yes. Then give him explicit instructions on where to meet and make it a courthouse or police station or, better yet, Tractor Supply and never show up.
:yuckyuck

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
String him along. After failing to show, text him back. Apologize profusely, tell him you had to take your kid to the emergency room and had too much blood on your hands to text him and let him know you could not make it. Then make a second appointment. Don't show for that one either...

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
String him along. After failing to show, text him back. Apologize profusely, tell him you had to take your kid to the emergency room and had too much blood on your hands to text him and let him know you could not make it. Then make a second appointment. Don't show for that one either...
Oh yes, Oh yes, OH YES!!!!

Sub out the kid to the ER part for slaughter day at the farm...say the restaurant down the road thinks chicks are a delicacy and you'll need to have him bring 20 more....

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:gig you guys are too much!!!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
Watch 'em Kala, they'll get you in trouble. :lol: :gig
Only if they promise ;)

Ok, so I'm making my first batch of ricotta goat cheese and was just wondering if I can do anything with the liquid that collects underneath the bag as it drips? If searched through some old threads, anyone know of a good one? Or just have an idea?? :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
This is the type of whey that you can toss in the compost or better yet, to the hens or pigs. It is cooked, so it does not contain any useful good bacteria, but there are still some nutrients in it.

My mother used to put it in everything from bread to soup to mashed potatoes. I'm still traumatized! :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Ok, slight sidetrack, Free--? what is the nutrition of regular whey from yogurt or kefir? Is it high in protein so that it could be a healthy sub for the powdered crap?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Shoulda said too that I use whey (although not from cheese making, for bread, pancakes, smoothies, lactofermenting (jalapenos and salsa are my faves) and if I have lots, I give it to the chooks and dogs/cats.