Kala's Journal~Newest Project :)

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2969_196587_1320835196273_1692624579_539113_6077186_n.jpg

She keeps stealing my apples...if not directly from out of my mouth when i'm sitting on the ground, then out of my hands after she practically runs me over to get them!!!! :gig

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You're just gonna haft to throw her in the big house!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
You're just gonna haft to throw her in the big house!
Hmmm...that just might be a good name for the barn!!! And I could even make a nice cozy area for DH in the corner...ya know, just in case. ;)

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anyone else in Ohio (or surrounding) go to Lucasville Trade Days? It's this weekend and I'm sooooooooo excited!! Love that place!! Although I've become very particular about any animals that I buy there because some people just have no sense and could care less about their animals. They just want to make a quick buck! :somad grrrrrrrr Makes me very sad to see the condition of some animals at various flea markets and shows. But I guess that's a whole different can o' worms!!

And we also have our goat class at the Blue Rock Station this weekend. We signed up before we got our goat and even though we feel better about how to take care of her I know there is soooo much to learn so I'm excited for this class. Plus the homestead itself (where this class is) is gonna be really cool I think!! It's an 'earthship' build and lots of things/buildings on the property are made from recycled materials so it's gonna be an exciting weekend!!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok so I know I've posted alot on here today but eeessshhhhh I can't hold this one in!!! :he (Darn rainy days!)

Why is it that just because you have things (because you work HARD for them!!!) everyone thinks they're entitled to them!!!!! :barnie

Some people (I'm going to refrain from naming names) think they should be entitled to whatever ya got just because they come over once in awhile to help out!! Ummmm hello!!! You've already been "reimbursed" for that multiple times!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! :somad

Ok. I feel better now....well kinda.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lucasville is too far away for me. But your goat class at the homestead sounds good!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Javamama said:
Lucasville is too far away for me. But your goat class at the homestead sounds good!
Yea I'm hoping to get some good pics this weekend of their outbuildings etc. during the goat class. Its around Zanesville.

It takes us about 1 1/2 hrs to get to Lucasville, kinda far but its a family tradition :)

Thanks for listening BB!! Lol. Sometimes I let annoying things get the best of me. Just annonying when the MIL expects everything for nothing just bc we have it. Hello bc we need it! Lol.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does anyone else ever feel like posting an ad something like this on CL this time of year?

Attention: There is no such thing as an Easter Pig, Goat, Chick or Duck. These are REAL animals with REAL needs. They will NOT stay small and cuddly. They will be stinky. And worst of all, they will require you WORK to meet their needs. So please, refrain from purchasing a cute and cuddly "Easter animal" this season. Because believe it or not, they will still be their Monday morning, poop and all. Thank you. We will now return to your normally scheduled CL.

ETA: can't spell