Laundry soap...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok I just checked the 5 gallon bucket in the kitchen. I think because I used the baking soda instead of washing soda my consistency is off. It's very runny, not gelled at all. Should I still use it? I don't think it can hurt. hummmm, what do yo all think?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey Wifezilla, I read your post about the dishwashing stuff and I've heard that if you add white vinegar and lemon juice to the rinse compartment it will get rid of spots and film on the dishes. I haven't made my own, I'm using shaklee's right now, but I have heard that this works well. Good luck!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Its great! That's why I started this 2 years ago and haven't looked back....even have my mom, my sis and my aunt doing it!

I don't care about the consistency not being like the store brands and I've come to accept that my whites will always be dingey...don't care! I just started buying black bras and socks and invested in colored underwear! :p For these prices, I just don't care about any of the downsides. :cool:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I hate anything white, it is far too much work, and am working white anything out of my household. Even have dh wearing only colored shirts with his suits! And I don't worry about white socks being white, they never will be after they come out of the package, let's get real.

After my first batch of laundry soap, I wonder why I never knew about this years ago? Oh, the wonders of the internet! I printed out the directions and gave so many "kits" away and let everyone know!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Lori...tried that. I am going back to cascade until further notice

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How many of you use the powered version? I got all the ingredients, ($6.00 total after coupon) but I feel like I will mess up the liquid kind.