Layoff Still On--Ugh

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I pray Tony has enough senoirity that if it comes down to it that he is not cut!! It is all going to work out! But, you are right...save, save, save while you can!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Save save save is what I am going to do! :)

in 6-8 weeks I will know the next level of what is happening.

at least I got 6-8 weeks of "stability" maybe left..HA HA

Reaction score
PamsPride said:
A friend from church and the boys' Tae Kwon Do leader just got their lay off notices from Lordstown...GM. I think the TKD teacher is only off for a month but my friend from church is on permant layoff for one year at 90% of his pay. If they don't call him back in a year then he is done.
That's a great layoff plan. There aren't too many people that get 90% of their pay to not work. Good chance to find another job.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:barnie
UGH UGH

IT IS GETTING CLOSER TO HOME AGAIN!

Tony went and picked up the hog at the processer. Kevin said "did you get laid off?" and Tony was like "huh".

Well one of Kevin's friends is from Commscope too. He told Kevin that 178 people were laid off last week. Permanent. They did away with one whole shift.

But it was at the Catawba plant.

Tony works at the Claremont plant.

WHEW..........but he called his supervisor and confirmed they did hit the catawba plant and laid off a whole shift and the supervisor said it looks like at this time Tony's rotational lay off in his plant will go at least into March --maybe april.......I am getting worried again of course, but also know now that I won't be worrying too much cause what happens, happens.

So more emphasis on savings again of course. All that tax refund will be in the bank instead of even spending a little. Time to batton down the hatches and do what I can.......

whew...always something ain't it folks!

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh FC, I'm so sorry to hear that. But girl, you'll do what you have to and be fine. Will say a prayer for you all. Hang in there!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks big bertha!!!!

I got that "looking over my shoulder" "thinking something is sneaking up on me"---feeling...LOL

I will survive....it has happened to many and I am fortunate. I do have a farm. Food is not a problem and my farm makes money. Scale back will have to happen, but it sure can be done if needed.

I hate change but change comes whether I like it or not..HA HA HA

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear the news FarmerChick. Knowing the cut could have been worse, probably makes it a little better, yet in some ways I think the feeling of uncertainty is almost worse than knowing and preparing for the worst.

It sounds like you have a good plan. Save as much as you can now and know what you will cut if anything worse should happen. It is getting so hard to save anything anymore . . . but any you can sock away will be better than not trying.

Good luck, I wish the best for you guys!

In some ways, I think it would be easier if the farm work was getting rolling for the season, because then you'd have something to preoccupy yourself with. Hang in there, it is just around the corner!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh boy, Karen, I hear ya. Greg isn't due to go back until April, at that I'm betting it'll be more like May - of course he doesn't want to go back there at all, but with the job market the way it is, I'm not very hopeful he'll get his wish, I'm just hoping he'll have a job to go back to. The economy around here was better than most for awhile, but construction isn't going to be there this spring, I'm sure.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey drake
yea that is it...just the uncertainty of it all....then getting bits of news....I can't even imagine what those 178 people laid off are thinking at this moment. Wow I feel for them!!!

"what ifs" just stink...LOL...but life is no guarantee of anything!! so I will keep on smiling til they bury me..HA HA

Latest posts