Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There was a copperhead on the front porch this morning! I went out and fed the animals. Paris trailed along with me. She is our old 13 year old GP. She saw the snake about the same time I did and she started stalking it. It’s mouth was open, ready to bite. I didn’t put up a square shovel the other day, it was leaning on the outside wall. I grabbed it and brought it down on the copperhead. Paris was snapping at it, it was snapping at her. I dragged the shovel, severing it in 3 pieces. I scooped up the head, still open mouthed, and threw it over the fence where Paris couldn’t get to it. Then I tossed the rest of the snake. ON MY PORCH!!

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lovely. Had some rain last night, will get a bit more today. It's a bit cooler, not even up to 60*! I don't do heat well. But, weather changes give me massive head aches. So... I'm laying low for now, gonna take a few Ibuprophen, then go out in the rain for some fresh air. God's blessings are raining down on me!

Here's a group that you may have not met:
I also get headaches when the weather changes. Normally, when it goes from pleasant to hot and muggy.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dont know if this works or not, maybe you have tried it,,

HOMEMADE VINEGAR POISON IVY AND WEED KILLER RECIPE​

INGREDIENTS​

3 cups white vinegar

1/2 cup table salt

1 tablespoon liquid detergent or soap (I use Dawn) for stick-to-itiveness.

Directions​

1. Mix vinegar and salt until the salt is completely dissolved. Stir in liquid dish soap, and pour into a spray bottle.
  2. Spray onto the green growing leaves of the plants.
  3. Wait a week, then repeat on any survivors. Best time to apply: during a dry spell.
we have one that has vinegar and epsom salt. There's always so many other priorities. But, I've cleared out a lot of stuff, so that NOW I can see the P.I. I've tried a number of the DIY sprays and the results have not been stellar.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It sounds like the feds are planning to dole out an other stimulus. At least 75% of recipients will jump for joy, and not give it a second thought. What they don't realize: That money already belongs to the tax payers. mr. biden and his ilk are taking $$$$$$$$$$ out of my pocket. They are skimming off $$$$$ for themselves. They are sending $$$$ over seas in foreign aid. I wonder how much china will get? Then, they expect me to jump for joy when they give me $.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
grrrrrr....
This is why you shouldn't take money from the government!

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_b...mrBQS5/5fAPhPb3toRAx+r6IPFN9sLR2I3wpcXHTVPvg=

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Xavier Becerra argued that the federal government is entitled to know who has been vaccinated against COVID-19, responding to concerns over a recently announced White House plan to send teams door-to-door.

“Perhaps we should point out that the federal government has had to spend trillions of dollars to try to keep Americans alive during this pandemic, so it is absolutely the government’s business. It is taxpayers’ business if we have to continue to spend money to try to keep people from contracting COVID and helping reopen the economy,” Becerra told CNN on Thursday.

Becerra claimed that “knocking on a door has never been against the law” and “you don’t have to answer, but we hope you do.” He added, “Because if you haven’t been vaccinated, we can help dispel some of those rumors you’ve heard and hopefully get you vaccinated.”

Latest posts