livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we stoped at the local flooring store to see if they had any cheap tiles, (most of mine have gotten broken in to small peices) and when they found out that we used them to freeze for the rabbits, they took us out back and gave us a pretty good size stack of large broken peices. they said to stop in off and on and see if they had any more. they were glad to get them out of the way. i still need more but free was good! i also have a ton of water bottles that i freeze for the rabbits, and it is so funny to take them out there cause there are a couple that grab the bottle with their front feet and pulls it under them and stands real still. i guess if i were outside in 107 heat -in a fur coat- and someone gave me a large chunk of ice, i would lay on it also!! they will be happy to have the tiles again. they dont stay cold as long but the bigger rabbits have an easier time laying on them.

it was supposed to rain last night, but once again the storm split into 2 and went north and south of us. it never seems to fail, where the des moines and mississippi rivers meet the storms always seem to split up. and the old timers blame it on the rivers. slow moving storms also seem to stall a bit at the mississippi. strange- i never realy listened or paid attention till the last year or so. but it seems true!

even though i water the garden almost every day, it is just SOAKING up the water. not sure i will get anything this year. everything is growing, but soooo slow. the tomatoes are flowering like crazy and some of them have small tomatoes on them. so i will keep stocking up on the cheap canned goods when i can. i almost have my pantry cleaned out. so i think i will finish that today.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Storms do the same thing here and I've often wondered what causes it. I know it's not the Mississippi cuz we're not near it!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Denim Deb said:
I get a dealership treating me like that, and I walk. I've had dealers try to get me to buy something w/out checking w/my hubby. And, I've had them patronize me. I don't deal well w/either.
Pressure and patronization are pet peeves of mine too (say that 5 times fast :lol: ). For some reason, it seems like vehicle dealerships still go by 'old school' tactics - All women are 'the little lady' who can be pushed into anything because of her ignorance and, if she shows up with a man, can be completely ignored. :rant
Yes!!! I have found that too and I am the one with the final decision because I am in "charge" of our money, well the bill money anyway lol. I had a dealership tell me my demands were unrealistic and I was the one looking to trade to refinance at a lower rate hubby was just "looking"... and they sid he deserved a NEW truck but I ask for 1. 4 wheel drive, 2. and 2 row seating not 3 because I was done with the soccer mom mini van thing over a yr ago and had been drivine a 4 wheel drive blazer that I was perfectly happy with but wanted to lower my interest rate and pymt and if I couldnt find anything I was happy with I wouldnt do anything. Well he showed me crap over and over then when he finally showed me something I might like and test drove it made weird noises and crap and he tries to tell me it was the exhaust. I am not that stupid..... then insisted on me test driving this jeep thing that looked like a toaster and I wouldnt be caught dead in because I hated it at first glance. He tried to convince me I would LOVE it once I drove it and saw the price on it. I finally got pissy and said very rudely to him that I wouldnt drive that thing off the lot to a car derby to smash it up even if it were free. Did I make my point on this vehicle YET???? I finally said ok I am done thanks but no thatnks and then they offered to just refinance mine at lower price if hubby could get in a new truck. I looked at the guy and said sorry NOT happening thank you for your time. And we left. grrrrrrrrrr

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
we stoped at the local flooring store to see if they had any cheap tiles, (most of mine have gotten broken in to small peices) and when they found out that we used them to freeze for the rabbits, they took us out back and gave us a pretty good size stack of large broken peices. they said to stop in off and on and see if they had any more. they were glad to get them out of the way. i still need more but free was good! i also have a ton of water bottles that i freeze for the rabbits, and it is so funny to take them out there cause there are a couple that grab the bottle with their front feet and pulls it under them and stands real still. i guess if i were outside in 107 heat -in a fur coat- and someone gave me a large chunk of ice, i would lay on it also!! they will be happy to have the tiles again. they dont stay cold as long but the bigger rabbits have an easier time laying on them.

it was supposed to rain last night, but once again the storm split into 2 and went north and south of us. it never seems to fail, where the des moines and mississippi rivers meet the storms always seem to split up. and the old timers blame it on the rivers. slow moving storms also seem to stall a bit at the mississippi. strange- i never realy listened or paid attention till the last year or so. but it seems true!

even though i water the garden almost every day, it is just SOAKING up the water. not sure i will get anything this year. everything is growing, but soooo slow. the tomatoes are flowering like crazy and some of them have small tomatoes on them. so i will keep stocking up on the cheap canned goods when i can. i almost have my pantry cleaned out. so i think i will finish that today.
Great score on the tiles! I never even thought of that - we have a small tile/carpet store one town over. I think I'm gonna stop in next time I'm over that way :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yah it is so funny to watch those english lops. the female is 11 weeks old and her ears measure 21 1/2 inches, and the male is 14 weeks and his ears measure 23 inches. the standard says they have to be a minamum of 21 inches. so i think we will be good there. ;) their ears grow till they are @ 4mos old. :weee acnt wait till they are ready to breed!:weee they streached out on those tiles today. lol

got tummy troubles just before lunch today. cant stay out of the bathroom, and my head is pounding. and i swear the a/c isnt working. so i had the kids do night chores. thank god they felt bad for me and did them without fussing. i dont know if i could have argued with them. i need to get my blood preasure meds again. havent had them for over a month. and when i can feel my pulse in my arems and legs... well i need my pills.:hide

so now i am letting them watch a movie of their choosing, while waiting for dh to get home. twilight movies.:sick

adopted son is supposed to come look at the laptop tomarow to see why i cant do pictures.

dh is home, i am going to bed.... night all.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Sorry you're feeling sick. Hope you get a good night's sleep and feel better in the morning. :hugs

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tummy feels better today but still have a headache.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
whatever it was- i gave it to dh. i told him, see i was nice- i shared.:lol: but he didnt laugh.

well i wish i had need of a service dog. dee-dee our blue pittie who is @7 mos old has always been mouthy. never bit, just always had to have something in her mouth. here lately the kids have been taking her up to the mail box and they give her the mail and she runs back to the house with it. you have to be there to take it from her or she chews it, but...
and yesterday i was taking notes on an artical on the internet and she was sitting by me playing with her rope toy, and i droped my pen and she picked it up and gave it to me. so i waited and droped it again and she picked it up again. you have to tell her to "drop it" and she needs more work with that, but i think she is telling me what her job should be.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just so long that hubby doesn't give it back to you when he's done w/it! Glad you're feeling better.

And, Dee Dee sounds like a keeper.