Looking to move

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No phones, no lights, no motor cars,
not a single luxury;
like Robinson Crusoe,
it's primitive as can be.
Good golly, now I have it stuck in my head!
I actually watched 3 hours of Gilligans hour on Sunday :hide

I was washing, slicing and prepping tomatoes from the garden to dehydrate for my chickens this winter and couldn't find the remote for the kitchen tv. :lol:
They are the last of the season tomatoes and are a little marked up and not good enough quality for me to can or cook with. Hopefully the chickens will like them - this is the first time i am trying this. I want to extend the orange yolks of summer as long as i can.;)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is there a house? You have said you want to live in such a "nowhere, wooded, quiet" place. Maybe this has been calling you?

Is it ALL wooded? Where would you garden?

Most importantly, can you get internet????? :lol:

Ok picture this there a steep hill on the left side, creek and steep hill on the right side (a holler). Quite a ways up, the creek bends to the right and there is a nice raised flat spot to the left of the bend for a future house. Yes it's completely wooded no clearing at all we had to walk. I could do whatever I wanted out there and no one would be the wiser execept maybe bigfoot. If there is a bigfoot around here, that's where I would hangout if I we're him.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes -- but really wanted to know if we were being "divorced" in his move to "nowhere". :lol: You know, no power, no electric and all that...

Wife loves the property. But I wouldn't move her out there until I built a house. We have been talking about going off grid for a while now. We could get Electricty off the line but it's a good 1/2 mile away. I've had plans for several years tucked away in my thoughts folder for a water wheel generator. I believe I could utlize the creek to generate some if not all of our electricity. Expecially if we ran all LED lighting and didn't have any appliences that consumed alot of electricity like centeral air, electric stove or electric hot water heater. For heat we have a wood stove and I would like to get a water stove to heat water and supply heat to the house. For internet we could use carrier pigeons :lol or ISDN like we have now.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This place really sounds amazing. I hope it will work out for you guys and if it does, we need pics!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It can all be done. Solar Hot water, or wood hot water in winter. I just know how you love your garden and cannot imagine your not having a large one!

Propane appliances are also an option for you.

You just want to be a for real, old backwoodsman! :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It can all be done. Solar Hot water, or wood hot water in winter. I just know how you love your garden and cannot imagine your not having a large one!

Propane appliances are also an option for you.

You just want to be a for real, old backwoodsman! :lol:

Heck ya! I might have to miss a season of gardening and eat off what we've canned.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wood cook stoves are still available. You just may have to order them. I think you have to pick it up from distribution dock of whatever shipper Lehman's uses if you order from them.

I looked into them when we first moved here, but wood burners have efficiency requirements in this state.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wood cook stoves are still available. You just may have to order them. I think you have to pick it up from distribution dock of whatever shipper Lehman's uses if you order from them.

I looked into them when we first moved here, but wood burners have efficiency requirements in this state.

Our Amish friends cook with a wood stove like you mention. They live about 10 minutes drive from here. My thoughts are, if they can cook on a wood stove, then i think we could to.

My wife would love me long time if I got her a wood stove to cook on. She loves old things like that.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What about cooking on a wood stove in the summer?