Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Another cool thing about duck eggs is they are alkaline, whereas chicken eggs are acidic.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Duck eggs are the BEST if you like a runny yolk to dip your toast in. LOTS of delicious yolk! :drool I grew up eating them and they taste the same if you ask me.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I hope Chad is feeling better today.

It is a drag that he had the problems that he did. The rewards are nice however. Nothing like eliminating that worry to jump start a bit of romance. :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, Sunday was a combination of nice and stressful mixed with a bit of screaming fits from the children. :rolleyes:

First, I got a phone call from my mother Saturday night in response to the text I sent her...which, incidently, I did not think was out of line. She told me that she was not coming up to our house anymore, she was tired of being treated like she was a horrible person, she was tired of being told that she didn't know how to take care of her grandchildren and that if she didn't feel better by Sunday morning she "might just cut me out of her will" WTH???

She wants me to call her and apologize and tell her how wrong I was and how right she was and that she didn't do anything wrong and never does and generally pump her up. Luckily my MIL called right after her and she calmed me down. Her response was that I needed to ignore her cause she just wants me to feed the drama. She has always controlled me and my brother, and my father for that matter, and now that I don't let her control me anymore she tries to create drama all the time.

I know that grandparents spoil their grandchildren but when I request a specific diet, or that she does not do a particular activity with them, or that they don't need ANOTHER toy that they already have 10 of and she does it anyway I have problems. This isn't sneaking them a piece of candy here and there. She feeds them sugar all day every day and then wonders why they crash and burn. She has no respect for my ability as a parent. She constantly blames Chad for everything even when I interject and say "no, it was my fault". She holds grudges, showboats for attention, and generally goes overboard on everything she does. She just doesn't know when to stop. She can't buy the children one toy in a set she has to buy the whole set, even if they don't need it.

She doesn't hear how she talks to people and I'm not apologizing cause I didn't do anything but tell the truth. She was out of line for what she said and how she said it to my husband.

Sunday's service was wonderful. My husband's uncles are in a quartet called the Highlighters, his aunt plays the piano for them. They told the story of a 92 yr old minister that was asked to tell the congregation the most important lesson he ever learned in his 50+ yrs of ministry and he summed it up with one passage. Then the quartet sand "Jesus loves me". There wasn't a dry eye in the house. I sooooo wished Chad could have been there to see it cause they were fantastic.

Then we had the lunch for the family friend with 50 yrs of music direction with the church. I brought a bowl of GF soup and one of the ladies broke my bowl. I couldn't eat anything there so I went home hungry but we had a good time. Then I had to go to the grocery store to get Chad a loaf of bread and some more milk....man I will be glad when those dang goats get here....and the kid's threw a fit, literally a hysterical crying screaming fit when I bought...........mousetraps. :th

Tyler kept screaming and trying to take the package of glue mousetraps away from me and saying how mice are his friends and how I just want to kill them and hurt his feelings and on and on and on. I held it together until we got home. The cashier tried to explain to him how if there are too many mice they can get sick and make us sick. Nope, still screaming. The lady behind me told me "you're doing a better job of holding together than I would honey"

We just laid around after that. Chad is still sore but better today. I think he's enjoying being home with the kids but he is suffering from a serious case of cabin fever. Granny and Papa are coming up tonight and taking Maddie home with them for a couple of days to give everyone a break. She wants Tyler to go too but he doesn't want to leave me.

Oh well....I was gonna go to story time at the library today but I'm just too dang tired. It is supposed to snow/sleet soon too but then changeover to rain all night. Think I might just hunker down here all day.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When people freak out at mice at work (I work at a petstore, they are FOOD), I tell them there are 999,999 of its brothers and sisters left. 2 mice alone, not including grandbabies, can produce 1 million mice a year.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Kids! They flip out over the craziest things don't they?

I hope things smooth over with your mom soon and that Chads recovery speeds up!

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh, your mom sounds just like mine! drama/trauma all the time, and you have no right to think differently than she does.....

your MIL is right, just ignore it.

That is one heck of a day with the kids and all. hang in there, it gets better!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
It'll all smooth over.....she throws a tantrum like this at least 3-4 times a year. I'm not that worried about it.

On a lighter note....did anyone peek at the Golden Globes last night? I have to things to say about it:

1. Who the he!! dresses some of these people and do they not own a mirror? and

2. I could eat Johnny Depp with a spoon. :drool

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, what a weekend!
I have not seen a mouse since we got the cats. Before that we couldn't trap them fast enough. But the cats now think the rabbits are giant mice, so I'm just waiting for it to become a problem.

Latest posts