Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just read through your worm post and thought I would say it happens to everyone! But your puppy sounds like it has tapeworms. You can't see evidence of hookworms, and the tapeworms shed peices of their segmented bodies, that's what the rice looking thing is, just a segment. Tapeworms are passed through fleas, so maybe a good bath with dawn dish soap for the dogs? I hope everyone gets to feeling better! I blessed my family with pin worms twice, they got over it. ;)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
MsPony said:
MorelCabin said:
Ahhh, I picked my nose and ate it until I was probably in my teen years :) Yup, GROSS! LOL! Now I pick and roll it between my fingers until it forms an elasticy ball and try to find an inconspicuous place to put it....Bahahaha!
Worms are Us...LOL!
Me too, when you got boogies, you got boogies!
Sometimes blowing your nose just doesn't work.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
MsPony said:
MorelCabin said:
Ahhh, I picked my nose and ate it until I was probably in my teen years :) Yup, GROSS! LOL! Now I pick and roll it between my fingers until it forms an elasticy ball and try to find an inconspicuous place to put it....Bahahaha!
Worms are Us...LOL!
Me too, when you got boogies, you got boogies!
Sometimes blowing your nose just doesn't work.
Exactly.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Ya'll are seriously cracking me up!

My husband is shooting nerf darts at me while my 17th load of laundry is in the dryer and number 18 is in the washing machine. Had the sheets out on the line and then it started to sleet. Yep, running the dryer....so much for saving electricity.

Took the dogs to the vet this morning along with a bag of puppy poo and the verdict is in.....drumroll please.......

Hookworms, Tapeworms....and roundworms. $200 later everyone is up to date on shots, heartguard, and yes, wormer. Puppy goes back in 2 weeks and Tonka has to go too for a second lyme disease vaccine since he already tested positive once they wanted him to have the vaccine from here on out.

I have washed all the sheets, towels, quilts, dog bedding, stuffed animals from both the kids rooms, and the sofa cover. Still have our bedroom quilt to go and I'm done. Tomorrow the whole house gets scrubbed from top to bottom.

Maddie is getting clean underwear and a scrub down every morning and a fresh towel at bathtime for the next couple of days. We all take another dose for valentines day to catch anything we might have missed.

I have cute puppy pics to share soon.....it makes up for all the grossness, I promise :D

Thanks for being so supportive and encouraging guys! I appreciate it! :p

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
LOL. My brother in law is a paleontologist who studies parasites for fun. Trust me, I am full aware that worms are just a part of life. :rolleyes:

:lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If you would have seen the worms that came out of me when I took that natural dewormer a few years back...you would have thrown me in the pen with your puppy and never let me near your dining table :lol:
They are very real...and a real nuissance...but they are cureable so it ain't so bad!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay....Frawg was being really cute tonight in her sleep so I thought I would share.

These are in order of her nap
100_4633.jpg
100_4635.jpg
100_4637.jpg

And here is Chad's take on a "spin cycle"
100_4638.jpg

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
very cute - pups are fun to watch even when they sleep