LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Rice is Gluten Free. I would make some and have a bowl full. Low carb will take a while to get adjusted to and NO carb is really not very healthy (IMHO anyway).

Especially at first just stay away from refined carbs ... like bread, high fructose corn syrups and the like.

A nice Red Beans and Rice dinner will give you the fiber that your body is craving along with some good protein and complex carbs. Try to use a whole grain rice like basmati or brown for the best effect.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Rice is Gluten Free. I would make some and have a bowl full. Low carb will take a while to get adjusted to and NO carb is really not very healthy (IMHO anyway).

Especially at first just stay away from refined carbs ... like bread, high fructose corn syrups and the like.

A nice Red Beans and Rice dinner will give you the fiber that your body is craving along with some good protein and complex carbs. Try to use a whole grain rice like basmati or brown for the best effect.
That's all I wanted today was some beans and rice but all we have is white enriched rice. I know that if I started with that there would be not stopping me. I did good though and stayed away from any junk. Even when we went to the store and all the cream horns were calling to me. I haven't been reading up on GF like I should, obviously. I am definitely staying away from the refined carbs! And can I just say that my skin is looking fantastic!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
The real kicker for me anyway is Modified Food Starch, which is often but not always wheat based. If you start avoiding all foods that contain Modified Food Starch and/or High Fructose Corn Syrup it is AMAZING how many foods that eliminates.

I hope you got some brown rice (or basmati which is my favorite) when you were at the store. Two other things that are totally yummy on a Low Carb or GF diet are sweet potatoes and GF oatmeal. The sweet potatoes have natural sugars and carbs, but they are also quite high in protein and vitamins like A and C.

Get some of those good carbs in the house and satisfy those urges. An unsatisfied body makes it easy to start cheating.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I love oatmeal with a pat of butter and a bit of honey....it took a while to get used to it that way cause we ate flavored oatmeal and it was really sweet but now sugar kinda bothers me. I'll be glad when we can get some honey from our hives next year.

Try eating nuts to....you will be surprised at how much a handfull of almonds with a few dried cranberries or raisins thrown in can fill you up. I like to buy nuts in bulk at duh duh duuuuuuuhhhhh...Sam's Club. I hate that place but I do buy some select things there and nuts are one of them.

You can make your own potato chips too....or veggie chips, I love sweet potato fries or chips to snack on too. It's easier to just eat real food in it's natural state and then you don't have to read labels....I'm also addicted to corn chips and salsa. Cheese sticks too.

It gets easier as your body detoxes....it takes time but it works. I notice a difference if I eat something with Gluten in it now...I feel awful and then say..."why did I do that???"

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Looooookkkkkkk!!!! :weee We went last night in the soggy rain and rented a bumper trailer that was about to fall apart. We got the van stuck twice and the had to load then unload then load the cows again. Then got the truck stuck a dozen times. Everyone was covered in mud. Then drove the hour and a half home at 9pm with no lights on this "rental" trailer. When we got home our electric fence didn't appear to be working. Fixed the fence, sprayed the cows with fly spray, and out in the front yard they went!! :celebrate It was a long night! Did I mention that the two girls didn't have halters and are very skittish. But here they are..... OUR NEW JERSEYS. I can't say "mini" Jersey yet because the girls are just "small" but they are bred with "Eddie" who is my registered Mini-Jersey bull. :lol: I've been waiting for weeks to go get them and bring them home. I've been so excited!

This is Sugar. She stands about 37" tall. She's mixed with Holstein.
Sugar.jpg

This is Honey. She's the tallest at about 50" tall and is due to have Eddie's calf in December.
Honey.jpg

This is Eddie. Sired by "Son of Fat Louie". He stands about 40" tall. He's a sweetheart and I haltered him myself! His back comes up to my belly button. I will get pics with him later when DH is home.
Eddie.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
They are beautiful!! Congrats!!

I would say Sugar is my fav! :love

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Cute cows!!!

I will second the sweet potatoes as being a lifesaver! I love to eat them like mashed potatoes with gravy over them or butter and herbs. They're also really good fried up with some onions with venison.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
They are beautiful!! Congrats!!

I would say Sugar is my fav! :love
She's the littlest but she so skittish she won't even take treats from us.