Monsanto Doesn't Exist

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nor do I. I'll not allow it on my property, and choose to do battle with poison ivy by pulling by hand and smothering. It's not a battle I'm winning, but, I consider it a small victory to not have it spreading any further, and to get through a season without a skin outbreak. In the past, when I get even the tiniest outbreak, it will last 6 weeks. Since making a plantain and jewel weed salve, I've found that any eruptions are cleared in about 2 weeks time.
I am very allergic to it too. I also have issues with chemicals and can only use vinegar and water to clean house. I am very limited in what products I can use, which is almost zero. But when it comes to poison vines, namely Virginia Creeper, I go for the Clorox. When I am exposed, I make a weak solution of Clorox and water, and dab it on the affected area, then let it dry. If I was badly exposed, I put a cup or two of Clorox in the tub and soak. I don't rinse it off, but pat dry. If I do it right away, I won't even break out. I try to stay as natural as possible, so I'm not coming from the attitude of using all the man made crap available. This really works, you might want to give it a try.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They may change the name but you will still get the chemicals. Why do you think they bought them?

It's sad to hear. Now we will have to learn new names for the same old, same old.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: That is great!

But...in reality, they are edible, as is the root. Taste? depends on stage of growth, I've read. I found this in a foraging article. I'll pass.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another issue is that many don't even know how many chemicals go onto/into our food, as it grows or is processed. For them is isn't "processed" it is "prepared" so all they do is heat & eat.

I see it every weekend when I am working food demos. So, so many just do not know how to cook from scratch -- then add grow it and pick it......no way. :lol: For them, corn dogs are fine eating. When I make salads, dressings, salsas, they can't BELIEVE I cut that fruit and veggie myself. :p Really?

Many will ask sodium or sugar content BECAUSE they have such health issues and doctors have them following that but not much else. Shame! Other nutritional factors need to be taught. Sadly, that is life for many now. Food can cause &/or cure many health issues. :caf

You cut veggies yourself? Whatttt?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can look at seeds and order online. I haven't gotten mine yet either, and it seems like it's been forever since I requested it. I have to request one every year, it's annoying. Why can't they remember me? Lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You can look at seeds and order online. I haven't gotten mine yet either, and it seems like it's been forever since I requested it. I have to request one every year, it's annoying. Why can't they remember me? Lol

Apparently if you spend enough money you get the BIG catalog, not the free one? I got the big one this year. :eek: I guess I spent enough last year? :th

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Last year I planted all my seed stash. I have some saved seed from heirlooms, and left somethings to go to seed in the garden. But I'll be buying a lot this year anyway!