Monsanto Doesn't Exist

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those 5 cent packets are SO PRETTY!!!!!! Then, there's the seeds I save: from my own garden, as well as some produce from the store.

Yes, intervention! :D BUT -- yes, germination is still good after several years and I do have saves as you mention. Hey, I wanted a few pimento peppers but not a $3 packet. Bought a pepper at store, 40 cents...dried seeds. We will have something from that.

Couple years I couldn't get to plant. I'll need an acre or more to plant this stuff!:rolleyes: Have the land just need to be able to get it done. I could grow 5 acres of pumpkins...lotta seed. Corn, tobacco, millet, wheat... then veggies for me and animals. I've only had the type of "collector" craze with fabrics when sewing.

OK...could sew 40 hrs a wk for 3 months and not use it all. :hide

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah -- first my horde, them add moms.....

Bumper sticker says: Whoever dies with the most fabric wins! :D

To be honest, I used to sew a LOT!! For several people and the kids dolls, too. Most fabrics were bought at discount. Except prom dress, wedding parties, etc. When I worked, needed a lot of suits & such. Remember years back that was the "dress code". Now, I'm thinking I have some really nice, heavy flannel I need to find...before winter hits hard.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Patterns go on sale regularly. Watch for them. They are short sales, 1 - 3 days. One brand at a time will be marked down to $0.99 or $1.99. Thrift stores are excellent source also. Just stay away from the trendy patterns that are dated. :D

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Um... you guys cracked me up. Back to the jean purse: I've been kicking an idea around for a shopping bag made out of jeans. I would call it a "Jeany Bag". To go along with it, I would also repurpose dress shirts into shopping bags: maintain the detailing of the front of the shirt, including the placket, pocket, neckline and buttons. Of course, these would be called "Stuffed shirts".