MorelCabins Quilts...Entered McCalls Contest!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, Morel, I'm impressed.

I pieced 3 tops by hand a few years ago. Never completed the quilting and binding on any of them, though.

Lately I've been having the quilting bug and have been buying up material wherever I see it cheap (nice chicken material too). I've downloaded lots of free patterns. A rag quilt is on my to-do list using old blue jeans.

I've been working with the sewing machine so I can hopefully piece faster, but me and that machine fight a lot. I did get one block done last night, but the square is a bit off.

I'll probably have to pay someone with the big machine to quilt my tops as I can't seem to get them done. An 80 x 80 Bear Claw quilt is half done and still on the frame. I take it out and work on it about every January until I tire of it a couple weeks later. :/ I know I committed to quilting around too much of it.

Thought I had a quilt picture on this computer, but I can't find it now.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow Morel, you have outdone yourself. that is just amazing. I thought the snow mobiles were great. So when are you going to start taking orders???

Put my name on the list.

gina

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Wow, Morel, I'm impressed.

I pieced 3 tops by hand a few years ago. Never completed the quilting and binding on any of them, though.

Lately I've been having the quilting bug and have been buying up material wherever I see it cheap (nice chicken material too). I've downloaded lots of free patterns. A rag quilt is on my to-do list using old blue jeans.

I've been working with the sewing machine so I can hopefully piece faster, but me and that machine fight a lot. I did get one block done last night, but the square is a bit off.

I'll probably have to pay someone with the big machine to quilt my tops as I can't seem to get them done. An 80 x 80 Bear Claw quilt is half done and still on the frame. I take it out and work on it about every January until I tire of it a couple weeks later. :/ I know I committed to quilting around too much of it.

Thought I had a quilt picture on this computer, but I can't find it now.
Well Becca, if I had to peice them all by hand I would never get to the point of binding them either! Wow, you have patience girl! I like immediate gratification. You go girl! Now that you have a machine, use it. Maybe it just needs to be taken in and tuned up for you?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You've really outdone yourself, Morel! You really, really need to be showcasing your quilts somewhere.... you should have a show. :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Finished Lolaa' wall quilt! I love this one!

292oewj.jpg