Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I read that March is supposed to be a replay of October in the financial world so I am going to get prepared a little better

*********Morel
what did you read? just curious. Is worse predicted or something?

just wondering?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, we found out last night that DH is probably going to need rotator cuff surgery in the near future. I finally talked him in to going to the clinic to have it looked at, it's been bothering him steady for a year. It's not the end of the world, but will be a financial hit for us...short term disability for six weeks...he is very worried about that part of it, but I know we can make do if we have to. Since he drives a company truck they will not allow him to work for the full six weeks because his arm is going to be tied to his side until it heals...I guess it's time to start putting some extra funds away so we can keep up the bills during that time.
He thinks he will work through it...with me as his driver LOL! Problem is that I won't drive all over the province in the middle of winter...I hate winter driving.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel, if I could afford a trip to your place I could fix that shoulder for around $130 dollars and only 6 days downtime for your hubby! I've had great success with frozen shoulders and rotator cuff injuries..... and after someone's surgery didn't fix it! :/

I've heard stories about some success with the surg. but, for the most part, it either comes back or their function is impaired for good. My dad had one and he's never been the same...I think they did it wrong.

I hope your hubby does fine with his!!! :) Man, I wish I could work on him for you!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What exactly is it that you do Bee? I would be very interested in knowing...avoiding surgery would be a real plus, but I've heard that it always ends in surgery with this particular injury. Is there a way of reattaching with out surgery? You have me really curious now:>) I think maybe I will do some research on it..

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey morel
thanks for the link

my dad had the rotorcuff surgery and did perfect with it. Fixed him right up after he healed and he had perfect use of it. To this day, and he is 80 now, he has never had another problem.

so he is a success story on that one.

I know your DH will do fine. And honestly, sometimes we MUST take time for the medical stuff in our life. Just allow the 6 weeks of healing time to happen. When we push recovery is when we have trouble sometimes, so I learned that just doing what is needed to heal the body is best we can do..give it time.

I never heard of rotorcuff being fixed without surgery? I am interested in hearing with Bee has to say also.

edited to say

yikes on the article. and very appropriate, an egg balancing on the edge of a table.....one wiggle and we go over and smash. UGH....

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well I just learned something...the arthogram that they have him scheduled for is not the greates option...an MRI would be a much better choice to find out what is going on. We have to travel for the MRI though, which is not a big deal...they do them in my hometown so we can get some visiting in while we are there:>)
I'm thinking we have a friend who took sports medicine as his major before becoming an MD so we just might make an appointment to see him and find out what he has to say about it all...thanks for giving me the insight to think outside the box on this one Bee...there are times to be a sheep and times to NOT be a shepp in this life:>) I think I am going to get a little more assertive on this and find out all I can before making any decisions about surgery. And I am going back to my thought that is you give the body what it needs it will heal itself...
FC thanks for the encouraging words about the surgical procedure...if it ends up going that route then I will FORCE him to slow down for the full six weeks...less pay or not:>)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I had a lengthy explanation of the whys and wherefores all typed out and hit a wrong key and got kicked off the net. Will try to respond to your queries soon. I will warn you that its a lot of medical terms that take awhile to explain, but make perfect sense. I doubt your PT will know the method I use...they usually just use one method to reset muscle/tendon and it sometimes is effective, sometimes not. Then they exercise the heck out of it! You may wind up with a good PT that can help, though, and its worth the try.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morel, I am sorry to hear about hubbys shoulder. I also have heard that this surgery is used with good success. BUT, I will say this......If the patient does not do what the doctor tells him to do, or if the patient does not do what the Phusical Therapist tells him to....then there will be problems, no matter what is done to it. Follow up care is a major undertaking. So hubby better do what they tell him.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Morel, I hope your DH finds success in healing his rotary cuff no matter what option he pursues and that he feels better and gets full motion back soon!

Latest posts