Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi Morel!

I can relate to the vehicles. Our van is giving us issues with all this cold weather, too.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have to tell you all about my experiences lately...God works in the most wonderful ways...and the joy I have exerinced in the last month has been nothing short of miraculous! He reall does take care of His Own!

It started with DD pregnancy...and He has been using that pregnancy to speak to her heart like nothing I have ever seen before. She sees Him so clearly right now and KNOWS He is very real and has been blessing her life IMMENSELY! She has asked her dad to start bringing her to church! Praise God!
And then, WOW, this one came from nowhere...
A little background first...
My Dh is the most wonderful man in the world, and although he *wants* to believe in God, he just is so blind to most of it and really avoids anything to do with faith. He refuses to go to church, he seems to have alot of other things he'd rather do...
Anyway, now my daughter is asking him to GO OUT OF HIS WAY and pick her up 25 minutes away to take her and he is willing! Not only that...there was the people who dropped of the pigeons...
They came from another city about 2 hours from here to drop them off for us so I offered them lunch. When they came in and sat down words just started to flow from them. The stories they had about how God has blessed thier lives were just incredible. My whole family, even the kids, never left the table! Ray was supposed to be doing something at the neighbors all afternoon and he left for a very short period of time but made quick work of getting back here to sit and talk (listen) some more! They really got his attention...so much so that he asked the man to pary for him before they left...INCREDIBLE! And that was also the day my daughter ( who was also visiting) asked Dh to start taking her to church!
Ask a stranger in for lunch and your whole life changes! WOW!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is an AWESOME testimony of God working in your life!! I can't wait to hear about all the other things that He is going to do in your life!! Prayer does work!! :celebrate

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes, prayer does work!
Just popped some morning glory muffins into the oven...trying to get the house warmed up, man it is chilly in here today. I sent Dh over to the neighbors to get a caulking gun because i can feel the drafts around the windows and other places right now and I am gonna get them filled while it's cold enough to find every one!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Hi Morel!

I can relate to the vehicles. Our van is giving us issues with all this cold weather, too.
Dh just got the truck running...and is off to work...darn I thought maybe he'd be here with me today:>)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Morel,

I know your joy must be overflowing. God uses people in the most imaginative ways. He sent those people to you, but mostly to your husband. Sometimes, we never see Him working. But, isn't it awesome when we do?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It is totally awesome when it is that obvious! I remember when I used to almost have temper tantrums and shout "SHOW YOURSELF TO ME!" That was years ago, and I've since learned that, like a child, a temper tantrum gets you no where...but listening and watching and believing, and obediance sure does

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Okay this is getting ridiculous, now I am starting to worry. My silkies actually have frosted feathers. I kid you not. I just wnet up there to see how everyone was doing and noticed that one of my silkies looked a little strange. The barred rocks are doing fine, but every one of the silkies for some reason has frosted tipped feathers! I ptu tow that are broody in a cardboard box with alot of bedding together, and tried to put the third in but the third will no stay because she is not broody. I am thinking I should bring the broody ones in the house for a while but I don't want to be stuck with them in here till spring...and broody poops smell terrible. I wish this house was bigger sometimes...I need an extra room that I can keep cool but not too cold.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Aw, MC, I feel your joy coming through the monitor screen...... I am aways so humbled at how He works. Praise God! Bless you and yours.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Morel wow I just WOW God certainly has his hand on your family!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts