Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel, what a wonderful thing to get to see God in action in such an obvious way. I know it happens every moment of every day, but its so very subtle that we fail to see all the glorious movements and devine interventions. But this? Well, this is a big thing and can only lead to better things for you.....I can't even imagine how patiently you have waited for this to happen!

I was thinking about your chickens as I was driving around to patients today....I know, I know~don't even say it! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo....I was thinking of how neat it would be to make some saddles like they make over on the BYC for sore backs...only out of down-filled materials! You know, those cutesy little down-filled throws that you can buy at Wally World for around $10? How about cutting one up to make little vests/saddles? Velcro closures along the back seam....I can see them in my mind. Can you see your chicks walking around in little down vests? Its doable! It would keep their core body temps up...does this sound crazy? They would be washable and reusable.

AND...wait for it.....

You could have little coat hooks in the entrance to your coop, with name tags, on which to hang them when not in use! :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
After today I almost would consider being such a moron with my birds...Jackets...ya...but I think I will stick to my verdict that only the strong survive...with a little help sometimes:>)
The coat rack idea is really cute though...LOL!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Awwwwww, c'mon!!! It would be the cutest little thing! You could even branch out and sell some to Quail for her ferrets, so she can take them for walks outside! :)

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The chicken coats might not be that far out there. They do have jackets for calves and if I'm not mistaken goats and sheep. Could be wrong on that last part.
Would make for some funny pictures.

Morel, thanks for sharing the blessings of your family. I needed a bit of joy tonight and here it is. More prayers for your family.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Awwwwww, c'mon!!! It would be the cutest little thing! You could even branch out and sell some to Quail for her ferrets, so she can take them for walks outside! :)
Hey Quail...would you like some ferret jackets? LOL!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
prairiegirl said:
The chicken coats might not be that far out there. They do have jackets for calves and if I'm not mistaken goats and sheep. Could be wrong on that last part.
Would make for some funny pictures.

Morel, thanks for sharing the blessings of your family. I needed a bit of joy tonight and here it is. More prayers for your family.
I can understand calf jackets...and horse blankets...had a horse and after a good run it ain't a bad idea to put a blanket on them...but for chickens it just seems to much like chicken diapers...not my thing...

Thanks for the prayers prairiegirl:>)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I think a chicken jacket would inhibit feather fluffing and reduce the insulation from the cold.