Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Geez Morel, I wish my mum was interested in quilting... She's more of a garments kind of person. I have one quilt in total made by my aunt when I was born that she doesn't even remember making lol. Its tiny and it sits on my bed most of the time.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I do all the quilting myself, it is a little hard to fit into my machine, but it works. Here's my second unfinished project finally completed! It has been sitting in the closet far too long with the other one!

This one is called Mommy and Me...I think some of you have seen this in it's very beginnings last spring...I was making an attempt at doing faces and people. Not by any means perftect, but not too bad a first try at it, I guess.

29xg01y.jpg

2e2gn76.jpg

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Morel Cabin your quilts are GORGEOUS! :thumbsup I don't have the talent, patience to do that kind of quilting, but I sure am envious of those of you who do! I'm impressed, to say the least!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Actually... I don't have the talent to actually quilt...the quilting parts of these projects is very inferior to most quilters, but it's the 'picture making with fabric part that I so love to do. (I guess that's my talent aprt of it:>) My MIL is an amazing quilter, and my 'creations' wouldn't stand up against hers at all, she has talent with a needle I tell ya! :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thank You :>) It is fun, and keeps me busy during these long Canadian winters. I have two more to finish...they are going to take me a bit longer though...and then I get to start a new one! I'm excited to start another!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Morel! I love your Mommy and Me quilt! It's beautiful!!

Wanna sell it?! :hide

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just do pieced quilts. Nothing complicated or I lose interest. I do admire the landscape quilts and the cabin in the woods type quilts, but I would get one block done IF I was lucky!
I don't do alot of hand quilting because I would never get anything finished that way! So I do very rudimentary machine quilting or quilt as you go type stuff and if it's something I can't wait to use, I just tie it.
My MIL says that if you don't have several projects going at once, you aren't doing it right! :gig I have lots of stuff started, lots of stuff I've given up on, and a few things I've picked back up only to take them in another direction. I love quilting!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have one, and only ONE hand quilted one that i am working on, it is also the only peiced quilt I've ever done. I did it at a quilting class last summer because I had to learn to actually quilt my 'pictures'. The hand quilting does take forever! It has been my longest project! I'll show you it when I am done...I've been working on it the last wekk as well:>)
I have to say I find those ones the most difficult...the pieced quilts, that is. Ahhh, they have to be so square and the stitching has to be so precise! I admire anyone who does that type of quilting! It is very satisfying though in so many ways, and relaxing to just sit in a chair by a window and stitch!