Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:celebrate Back to the woods, baaabyyyy!!! :weee And, of course, we gotta have pics of the whole process! Are you going to go with solar panels or wind power at all? That would be the coolest, huh?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:celebrate she got sucked back in!!! :celebrate

I can't wait to see pics of the whole process........again :gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
9 weeks...wow, you lasted longer than I would have. LOL When I go to visit someone in town...I get that longing to get back home. I want to hear birds...and chickens, sheep and goats....not lawn mowers and dogs. :rolleyes: Congrats on finding that piece of land. It sounds wonderfull!! We definately need pics! :)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, what a drastic decision after all the work you've done. But obviously you know deep in your heart that this decision is the RIGHT one for your family. Good luck and keep us posted with updates and pics!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that town living hasn't worked as well as you planned. I'll be praying that you get the land...it sounds perfect!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry it didn't work out like you planned - you know what the say . . . you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl . . . sounds like your headed back to the country :celebrate

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
It sounds amazing!!!! I hope it works out that you are able to sell the house and get the property!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Awww thanks for the support everyone! Here I was feeling so stupid about moving again so quickly :p. The good news is that we will make somw pretty good money with all the landscaping that I am putting in here. We're hoping this place is finished by June so we can put it up for sale.
I will take pics! At the moment we are deciding whether to buy the 5-7 acre peice that ajoins the 85 acre peice, or to jump in with both feet and buy the whole lot, resell the 5-7 acre peice afterwards, and THEN we will be sitting pretty financially. It really is a good move either way.
Moving here was a good investment. New house builds always make money when they are finished. And the houses that are for sale around here are selling quickly...the one right across the street from us sold in ONE DAY just the other day. So selling should not be a problem. Everybody wants to be near the golf course, so it seems...but I have been learning things about this place that are not healthy for anyone. Like the fact that golf courses use alot of chemicals that affect the environment around them for miles...AND there are huge sewage ponds that I can see from my front window that I didn't know were human sewage ponds, AND they drain into the very lake we get our drinking water from...YUCK!!! Anyway there are alot of environmental concerns here!