Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A place to show what we are working on now, put up pictures, vid or whatever of what we are doing on the homestead or off of it.

My project today is to fashion a garden gate to fit the arbor I'm putting up at the entrance to my son's little BTE garden in town. I've got the arbor posts cemented in and just need to add this gate, a few embellishments to the top and some wire for the vines to climb and arch over the gate. This season we'll plant beans and cukes over that arbor but will likely place a clematis or honeysuckle there in the fall.

Will post pics of the gate later on...nothing fancy at all, mostly just a functional little gate we'll stain later on.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Will take pics when I actually have it hung on the finished arbor, I'm thinking...I don't know if they will stain it or let it weather naturally. Now I'm building some trellising for their porch...easy peasy stuff, just fiddly work.

Hope to get done in time to plant stuff in the garden, cut wire for the low tunnel and get that covered before we get stinkin' hot weather later on this week, and other little chores that need doing.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@MoonShadows you can post some things here too! :) You got so many lovely projects on the go all the time… I want to go kidnap you for when I get my own place, you can come help me there.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@MoonShadows you can post some things here too! :) You got so many lovely projects on the go all the time… I want to go kidnap you for when I get my own place, you can come help me there.

I usually post my DIY's in a dedicated thread...Sumi, I would love to spend some time in Ireland. I come cheap and I'm housebroken! :p

Latest posts