My sewing thread : P

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm holding your prize 'til you come through with pics! :gig (That buys me time to figure out what your prize actually is....)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Me either. I think poly probably would make me feel sick. How can your skin breathe in it?? Silk was a perfect solution.
I posted in my journal that I'm gathering sewing supplies and organizing and getting ready to start cutting apron pieces. Wish me luck!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
OK, H23, I wish you luck. I am working on my sewing too, in between the computer and tv ;)

It is cold and rainy here. a perfect day for sewing.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Family movie night. We'll see how late it is once I've got everything sorted. Tomorrow is more likely!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
When I'm sewing is the only time I wish I had a giant TV on the wall so I could be less bored while doing seams LOL. I blast music but I have to get up every little bit to pace and stuff.

:D

And yeh... I love this idea. I'll hunt thrift stores for silk clothes. They can be pretty bad shape because they'll be washed enough to NOT SHRINK! woot.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I set my sewing machine in front of the tv also. Music can be too distracting. I end up having to dance to it, nor does tapping your foot while sewing work very well.

Music while cleaning on the other hand works great. I dance with my vacuum cleaner and swirl with the dust rag. :lol:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Well. I know longer have ANY clue what the heck the instructions think they are telling me to do so I'm not making it up as I go :D

This is why I gave up on patterns, learned to sew without them, so when I go back to patterns, I can more or less put it together without the instructions. *laughs*

Also, I suck at linings. It does match up at the seams very many places :D bwahahahaha. We'll see what happens. If it is too bad I'll cut it out and just add a simple facing. :p

ETA: Very almost done ;) Skirt, zipper, and hem it. And because the lining is so ummm... off... *laughing* gonna do a facing so you cannot see any if it. It'll only take another half hour to do and I will be MUCH happier with it.

another ETA: OMG Patterns are retarded :D I had to take in a full six inches in the underbust/waist. lol My hips are a size 16. I had to add 2 inches to the pattern there. *laughing* So now I have to cut the side panels into a triangle. Hopefully this will turn out. Otherwise I'll burn it and be VERY mad.

It also has boning and we'll see if the shaping is better without. Because I have to move the side in so sharply. *sighs*

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I started apron #1 while watching a Miss Marple DVD last night. I've got the tank top cut out. I cut up the side seams and around the arm holes then under the back neckline. I can just pull it over my head and it's like a strap around my neck. Perfect. The skirt I bought was tricky. It was made with diagonal strips of fabric and has a kind handkerchief hemline. So I kind of just played around with pieces that seem to work. I'll use the liner to make a pocket and the waist tie. I'm in the middle of a declutter corner in the basement so I don't know when I'll actually start to sew, but before Tuesday is over I hope!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, it's together except for the ties. My eyes are getting tired and so is my back so I'm going to give it a rest for tonight, but...
The top is attached to the bottom. It has a pocket. It is hemmed. I just need to cut more of the former skirt's lining fabric to make ties. It's a little narrower than I'm happy about but that has to do with the weird cut of the skirt. I may add something under the skirt to add another wider layer that will help. I found some fabrics while cleaning the basement that could work.
I also found a piece of cotton fabric I bought last spring. I wanted to use it to copy a favorite skirt. It's white with green vines and small cherry pink flowers. Not nearly as calico-y as it sounds. It will make a nice summery skirt for work.

Latest posts