My sewing thread : P

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
You guys are giving me the sewing bug again!!! :barnie I wan't to see pics of what your working on.!!!!

g
I will soon. I'm not happy with it yet. I'm not ready to throw it in the trash either, but I want to add a layer of fabric to make the lower part wider. It's going to be kind of shabby chic cute IMO. I'll wear it but I don't think I'd give it as a gift, ya know?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'll post my dress by the weekend. *promises*

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I finished that stinking apron!! I added a layer of white eyelet under the skirt and used apple green bias tape for the ties. I'm not sure about pictures. It's a pretty rough project. We'll see. It's wearable. I won't be heart broken to stain it. It's not like anything I could have bought! Next project: a skirt without using a pattern. I have a favorite skirt that I love the fit and drape of. I've got a couple of yards of fabric that I think will make a nice skirt. :fl Don't know that I'll tackle it this week but soon! I want more long (nearly ankle length) skirts to wear to school. They're the most comfortable, practical things at school when it gets really hot, IMO. And since we're in school till June 20 I'm going to need to be comfortable!
If I use the apron on Easter Sunday there may be a picture to share... maybe!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I did some sewing a week or so ago. I made the pioneer skirt. Ok so let me tell ya. 2 yards of 60 inch fabric makes one really thick fluffy skirt. I had the softest burgundy flannel. So I gave it a go. I used the draw string at the waist as per the pioneer instructions. If I was on the prairie it would have been great. As it stands we had rain so I wore it around the house over my jeans and then thermals later in the evening. I was snugly and warm all day.

Now the Chemise was another thing. It was basically rectangles with the corners cut. Then joined, kinda looked like a cross layed out. With a draw string that ran around the neck/shoulder tops. Very simple construction. But.... Next time I make it the corner triangles will need to be bigger to fit my ummm bust and shoulders. :hide

I did have my 8 yo try it on. It was the perfect nightgown shape and size for her. But then I tried to change the sleeve and it got away from me. :sick Now it's just waiting to be dismantled.

:idunno

Maybe I will cut it down to a sundress for one of my girls.

Hey Abi wheres the dress???

g

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Pics will post whenever Auntie visits!!!

blame her!

:D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hubby and son had to go to appointments. Trying to get son in to a new day program before I snap! :p