Need some help from the low carbers/LGI-ers...

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Just looked up Aria powder and I am sorry to break it to you....throw that in the trash yesterday if not sooner if you want to lose weight. It is 50:50 soy:whey. Soy will mess with your hormones, destroy your thyroid function, and among many horrid things it will do to your body, it will ultimately make you fat. It takes at least six months for your body to clear from the effects. You simply MUST get off this! (You did ask!!! :D ) Whey in powdered form is neurotoxic. Not something you want happening. Once you are aware of any symptoms of neurotoxins, it is very likely too late to make changes.

Try hard to get in 2 lbs of LGI veggies per day, along with the fats and proteins mentioned. You should lose the lbs easily if you avoid all processed foods....anything with an ingredient label, basically! At the very least, avoid all sugar, white flour (if it starts with the word "enriched" it is white flour) and hydrogenated fats. All seeds that are marketed as veggies, too, like peas and corn. Limit high GI veggies and good carb servings to two a day, and avoid grains.

The weight will melt of your middle, people will notice changes in your skin, and your thinking will be so clear! Enjoy!
I can vouch for this "feed bag" diet of Free's! I have been following this, also did the detox, and I have gone from 152 to 130. My skin is great.My entire way of eating has changed.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
MsPony, they have carbs, but not bad ones. It kind of depends on how much you are using and how they were preserved.

Freem, I never heard of that powder before. I guess that is a good thing! YIKES!!!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had only mentioned my powder incidentally, it wasn't my issue, but I'm glad I did!

Tonight will be broccoli and homemade lemony cheese sauce and a guinea breast roasted in onions and butter with herbs!

The vengeance sauce will make the guinea taste better, he tried to kill my favorite hen yesterday.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
I had only mentioned my powder incidentally, it wasn't my issue, but I'm glad I did!

Tonight will be broccoli and homemade lemony cheese sauce and a guinea breast roasted in onions and butter with herbs!

The vengeance sauce will make the guinea taste better, he tried to kill my favorite hen yesterday.
sounds delish..... Just watch the flour in your sauce (assuming there is some) if you want to post the recipe, I am sure you could get suggestions if it needs modification.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No flour in the sauce :D

The cheese sauce I make is so lazy it's embarassing. I melt a pat of butter, whisk in some lemon, and melt in some bits of cheese. It comes out a tad "grainy" because the cheddar doesn't melt well, but it tastes amazing.

The guinea meat will just be served in the herbs and juices.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wow, busy thread!!!

Delia, I didn't know! Did I? Well, I can hardly keep track of myself lately.... But CONGRATULATIONS! :weee And thanks for the endorsement!

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Wow, busy thread!!!

Delia, I didn't know! Did I? Well, I can hardly keep track of myself lately.... But CONGRATULATIONS! :weee And thanks for the endorsement!
Thanks Free! And no you didn't know because I have not posted in like a month I think. :rolleyes: Have not had time to even turn on my computer it seems. But I tell everyone about the benefits, I am your walking avertisement, lol! My friends cannot believe how different I look in such a short amount of time and how much more energy I have.Thank you!:D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
freemotion said:
Wow, busy thread!!!

Thanks Free! And no you didn't know because I have not posted in like a month I think. :rolleyes: Have not had time to even turn on my computer it seems. But I tell everyone about the benefits, I am your walking avertisement, lol! My friends cannot believe how different I look in such a short amount of time and how much more energy I have.Thank you!:D
:hugs Thanks! And you are welcome!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yay Delia!!Congrats :)

Free...can I ask a question??
You mentioned that whey powder is a neurotoxin. I bought my hubby some protein powder because he is training for a marathon and is having trouble with getting enough protien and musce recovery. I did some research and settled on this one :

http://www.mrm-usa.com/v2/index.php...&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=94&Itemid=33

Now I am worried!

The nutritional quality of dietary protein depends greatly on amino acid composition and the concentration of essential amino acids that are provided for the synthesis of proteins within the body. As a derivative of milk production, the amino acid (AA) profile in whey proteins is closely related to the amino acids required by the human body. Whey proteins also have proportionately more sulfur-containing amino acids and contain a relative surplus of a variety of essential amino acids. This all results in an optimal balance of amino acids (building blocks of protein) needed for muscle growth. All Natural Whey holds the very highest biological value (HBV), meaning it rates number one in digestion, absorption, utilization, and retention. This is achieved by using highly specialized cross flow micro-filtration and isolation process. All Natural Whey can benefit those with a wide variety of health concerns ranging from the exceptionally healthy athlete, to those trying to support lean muscle mass (i.e., children, teenagers, less active individuals as well as elderly). All Natural Whey is also fortified with L-Glutamine, which has been shown clinically to naturally stimulate the release of growth hormone and act as a building block for one of the body's most important water-soluble antioxidants, glutathione. Whey protein is nutritionally perfect, meaning it contains all of the essential and non-essential amino acids required by the human body.

Advanced low temperature cross flow microfiltration process
Very low in fat (1 gram per serving)
Fortified with 1 gram of L-Glutamine per serving
Mixes instantly
Great tasting
No artificial sweeteners or flavors