Need some help from the low carbers/LGI-ers...

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is a great idea Dace!

I have read about the yocheese before (can it become mycheese too?), and it sounds easy to do.
And I looooove yogurt, so I may have to give that a try!

Anybody else do stevia, cocoa powder and milk for a chocolate craving?
It's yum!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks Free...I think that makes sense. I was perplexed until I started typing, then it dawned on me that I have been missing my little fatty snack!

With all of the exercise I keep asking myself how I feel...I am always wondering how I am feeling so good and so strong without simple/refined/mainstream carbs? So far, I always feel good while swimming or whatever and it is easy to speak to how unnecessary carbs (bad crabs) to other active people.

That carb load theory is crap.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
That is a great idea Dace!

I have read about the yocheese before (can it become mycheese too?), and it sounds easy to do.
And I looooove yogurt, so I may have to give that a try!

Anybody else do stevia, cocoa powder and milk for a chocolate craving?
It's yum!
Aside from my recent sugar craving....I found that when I cut out all processed carbs my craving for sweets plummeted. Even when I had them in the house for the kids, I literally had no interest.

Those refined foods really do a number on us in ways we don't even realize!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Dace said:
Thanks Free...I think that makes sense. I was perplexed until I started typing, then it dawned on me that I have been missing my little fatty snack!

With all of the exercise I keep asking myself how I feel...I am always wondering how I am feeling so good and so strong without simple/refined/mainstream carbs? So far, I always feel good while swimming or whatever and it is easy to speak to how unnecessary carbs (bad crabs) to other active people.

That carb load theory is crap.
I'm just gonna let this one slide... :gig

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Check out my post above about beans ;)
Milk actually has a faily low carb content, if its full fat. And the fat is required for a properly balanced diet, especially a low carb one.
Milk has 12 carbs per cup, as whole milk. That is a quarter of my daily allowance.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
That's why I use Heavy Cream instead...or mix whole milk with heavy cream :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
abifae said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
Check out my post above about beans ;)
Milk actually has a faily low carb content, if its full fat. And the fat is required for a properly balanced diet, especially a low carb one.
Milk has 12 carbs per cup, as whole milk. That is a quarter of my daily allowance.
Wow, Abi!

I don't count carbs...once in a while I will enter what I eat into an online program to make sure things are not slipping out of whack. I am typically at 50% fat, 25-30% protien (gotta really be careful on that one or it slips too low) and 20-25% carbs.

I just stay away from grains, and all things white (except my beloved cauliflower!)