Need some help from the low carbers/LGI-ers...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
i have to dace. if i stay over 50 my seizures get worse :)

the longer i stay strictly low carb, the less i get sick on the days i decide to have a treat though. i can now do a quarter cup of beans and i don't get sick as long as i don't do it two days running.

i sometimes forget this and eat something and don't get sick and go nuts on it LOL. just did that with oats and ended up with a bleeding gut. :rant oops! so i have to remember to behave myself :D one half serving only. and once every month or two :p

honestly at this point, i just know what to eat and what not to. if i start feeling more seizurey (is that a word?), i bottom out my carbs for a few days.

and milk is, sadly, the first to go.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
In case some of you do not know about it, www.fitday.com is wonderful!
You can literally put in a menu, and it can show you all the ratios, and you can then tweak the menu as needed, to bring into proper ratios for your "diet". Ugh! I hate that word. Its so misused!!!!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
i have to dace. if i stay over 50 my seizures get worse :)

the longer i stay strictly low carb, the less i get sick on the days i decide to have a treat though. i can now do a quarter cup of beans and i don't get sick as long as i don't do it two days running.

i sometimes forget this and eat something and don't get sick and go nuts on it LOL. just did that with oats and ended up with a bleeding gut. :rant oops! so i have to remember to behave myself :D one half serving only. and once every month or two :p

honestly at this point, i just know what to eat and what not to. if i start feeling more seizurey (is that a word?), i bottom out my carbs for a few days.

and milk is, sadly, the first to go.
Start chugging that cream girl!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Dace said:
That is tough Abi. Good thing you have it figured out, my goodness!
Only took fifteen years :D

I took two full years to ease into the low carb I am currently on LOL!

Fifteen years ago I did a full elimination diet and cut out all the processed foods and white flours and all... but it wasn't until I started studying more about gluten free and low carb that I finished cutting things back and suddenly I felt that much better. I shoulda redone the elimination diet at the ten year mark and I would have caught on LOL.

I have so many annoying little health issues that the symptoms were totally masked until I got THEM dealt with. Now it's rather blaringly obvious. :D

eta: i do chug cream! LOL. it is sooo hard to get enough calories in me to keep my weight up!!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Do (home) dehydrated veggies count? I loveeee tomatoe, but can't stand the mushy inside.

Latest posts