Reaction score
Hi - I am in central Oregon too. Terrebonne

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
What kinda goats ya got?
Wow! What a friendly group!:D

I have Saanens for milk (and cheese and ice cream) and Boers for meat! My herd is small. 9 goats currently.

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
:welcome from a "joirsey" girl. What kind of horses do you have?
I have an Arabian mare and a Arab/Quarter cross gelding. I foster for a rescue, and both of them were adopted from there. Do you ride?

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
deenamr said:
Hi - I am in central Oregon too. Terrebonne
We must live very close? I am just off of the O'Neil Hwy!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
mydakota said:
Denim Deb said:
:welcome from a "joirsey" girl. What kind of horses do you have?
I have an Arabian mare and a Arab/Quarter cross gelding. I foster for a rescue, and both of them were adopted from there. Do you ride?
OK, where's the pic of your mare? There's a pic (I think it's in my journal) of me and my girl, Misty. She's also a rescue. I got her as an unhandled 5yo. She had a BCS of 2.7. Since then, I've gotten her weight up, got her used to having her feet and teeth done, as well as shots, did a ton of ground work w/her, got her over her fear of trailers, and saddle trained her. She's my 2nd horse, and I didn't have a clue as to how to saddle train a horse, but I must have done something right. I've had people that are shocked when they realize she's an Arab cuz she's so quiet on the trails. They're expecting to see something that spooks at everything. Right now, about the only thing that will really cause a spook is water-and then only if it's small enough for her to step over. She'll go right thru a wide stream.

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Let me see if I can figure out how to post pics.

This is my mare Macai and I (black mare/bareback) on a camping trip on the Steens. My Aunt Marilyn is on the chestnut mare--also Arab.
Steenscamping021.jpg

This is on a day ride in the Ochocos with my saddle club. My friend Cher is on the bay gelding and my friend Dee is on the big Paint.
August2007035.jpg

(hope these posted--I haven't posted pics here yet)

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
This is my 7 year old bay gelding, Dakota. He is my main ride. In this pic, it is his first year under saddle (he was 3). I am not sure what ride this is, but it is one of the first 20. I put 30 rides on him that summer, then turned him out for the winter.
Picture032.jpg

This is him 2 summers ago. A regional magazine did a photoshoot for the rescue and my horses got to be on the cover. This is one of the shots I bought from the shoot.
DSC02448.jpg

This is on a trail ride at Skull Hollow last summer with a few friends. The Skull Hollow trailhead is only about a 10 minute trailer haul from my house, and with gas prices being what they were, we rode there a lot last year! We rode out from the house a lot too. Thank goodness I live pretty close to the BLM trails.
DSC02331.jpg

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Since I have PB pulled up, I will go ahead and post a few of some of the other critters. (kids are critters, right?)

My oldest son on Macai, heading out on a trailride with me. You can't see me, because I am holding the camera, but I am on Dakota ahead of him.
7222010299.jpg

My younger son, cross country skiing in the back yard.
DSC02454.jpg

Elci (L C =Learning Curve) and Buttercup. 2 of my Boer does--very pregnant here.
DSC02487.jpg

This is DeeDee. She is my favorite of this years kid crop. (so far--Juliet has yet to kid). I am keeping her for sure.
DSC02507.jpg

Elci and Buttercups boyfriend, Buckwheat.
DSC02433.jpg

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:welcome Thanks for the pictures. So how do you garden over there and what do you grow?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Lots of horse folk on SS and plenty involved with the other critters as well. It seems like you should fit right in! :D :woot :welcome