New From Oregon's "Dry Side"

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I would have also taken them. What a great story. :hugs

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
deenamr. I see now what you mean. I am so glad that you got those goats. What clinic do you work at? I am a regular at RVC, but I know most of the other vets in town too. I have a lot of animals, all of which get regular care, plus I am involved in fostering for a horse rescue, so I know pretty much every vet in the area.

SD, my family is from west of Chehalis. More the Doty, Dryad, PeEll area? Are you familiar with that area?

We have some serious 6 degrees of separation going on here! :D

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I've been to PeEll, I used to work in Ethel, you probably know where that is. For the vet there. hee hee Perhaps you know her.

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Lol!! No, I don't know any that far away. :lol: I don't think I have been to Ethel.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I used to work for vets and got a lot of rescued dogs sort of the way you got your goats. I love my little goaties!

RudeKittyLuvsTesla

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sunny said:
:welcome

Im from the very wet side of oregon.. LOL.. Some times its hard to keep your vegi garden from turning into a swamp.. But in the last two years we have had less rain..
HI neighbor!! I, too, am from Oregon's wet side. I've been here 21 years and honestly didn't realize we had a dry side. hmmm, I need to explore.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
deenamr said:
I was so glad his last days were spent with his time being occupied with thoughts he got so much pleasure out of.
God works in some amazing ways sometimes. Thinking happy thoughts about goats sounds like a pretty good way to go. :)

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
RudeKittyLuvsTesla said:
Sunny said:
:welcome

Im from the very wet side of oregon.. LOL.. Some times its hard to keep your vegi garden from turning into a swamp.. But in the last two years we have had less rain..
HI neighbor!! I, too, am from Oregon's wet side. I've been here 21 years and honestly didn't realize we had a dry side. hmmm, I need to explore.
Really? Because geographically speaking 2/3 of your state is dry. Like a foot of rain a year or less dry. We get between 8 and 10 inches of rain a year here. As you head east towards Burns, it is even less than that. Most of Oregons population is west of the Cascade range, and over there it does rain a lot more. (I grew up there) But most of the state in terms of square miles is desert.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
It seems like they divided up the states wrong. They should have divided it north to south instead of east to west and made eastern and western oregon instead of washington and oregon, if you asked me. the eastern and western sides are more similar to their neighbors than the other half of the state.

mydakota

Power Conserver
Reaction score
SD, I totally agree. That is the truth.