NH Homesteader's first kidding season!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hahaha! Oh my gosh no, DD wouldn't do that. She's practical, she gets why we do what we do and that sometimes farming sucks!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's great! Probably in part because she has a practical sane mom, lol. I mean - why would any mom set her child up for trauma like that....why not at least have her stay in the house instead of getting so upset? :hu

Mom told me she does that every time they sell a goat... poor kid!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's really sad, mine just wants to give them hugs before they go, then she's good. I think it's harder on me than it is on her!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's great! Probably in part because she has a practical sane mom, lol. I mean - why would any mom set her child up for trauma like that....why not at least have her stay in the house instead of getting so upset? :hu

Mom told me she does that every time they sell a goat... poor kid!
It sounds like mom needs to start arranging sales for when her daughter is not home then? Why put her and the buyers through all that every time?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Exactly! The first goats I sold I had DD go to my mom's house because I was afraid of how she would take it. She was fine so I don't worry about it now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lilly is going to a new home in the morning!:celebrate

Then 3 babies go in the afternoon!:celebrate

I'll leave Patty's wether with her for a bit and start separating the younger babies at night. They can go in early May.

So relieved. Tomorrow's sales will cover hay cost for the year!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WoW! Yay for having your hay paid for! And double YaY for reducing the mouths to feed. I feel like a slacker, lol. One of the babies is old enough to wean but I want to wait another couple weeks to put an ad out - then all those little bucks can move on down the road!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo hoo I am Nigerian - less! And leaving before long to be down 3 babies. Now I can muck out the main barn and put Patty and the big girls all together. Keeping Patty's wether on her, he'll be raised for meat (sorry dude you're chunky and have a horn growing in). Keeping Bellini's buckling to live with Clifford for now. So I have 3 doelings left to go in May. Phew. Goats. Lol