NH Homesteader's first kidding season!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The problem is they're going after each others babies. Should I have DH build a kid escape spot?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt I guess...:hu I've never had much of a problem with that unless a baby tried to steal a meal from the wrong mama, lol. At most they'll shake their head and stomp their feet at 'em.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmm maybe my goats are particularly rude! It's also so snowy they aren't going outside so maybe they're just not happy with the small space and kids everywhere.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It could be that being confined and a little crowded with all the little ones, they are getting a bit crazy. Hopefully the weather will change soon, so they can head outside and out of each others' hair. It does sound wonderful though, if a bit crazy, with all the little ones :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think Sumi hit it on the head....being in close quarters might have 'em wanting to claim all the space for themselves!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Peppermint was the biggest issue and she's much calmer now so they might be OK. We're going to find out soon!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They really are. I have diva breeds though too. Nigerians and alpines are not the mellow breeds (well Nigerians aren't as high strung but they have a superiority complex!)

My golden Guernsey though.... She may well be much calmer. That's what I hear anyway. Think I'm gonna fall in love!

The babies are hysterical, too cute!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My friend got some good pics last night, waiting for her to send them to me.

Lilly's doeling... Is amazingly gorgeous. I thought about keeping her. But you can't milk colors, and her mom isn't the best milker. So I am going to find her the best darn pet home I can, or someone who doesn't want a ton of milk.